Formerly "To China For Kelly"

When I originally set up this blog, it was to chronicle our trip to China to adopt our daughter, Kelly; thus the title, "To China For Kelly." But now that I've decided to keep it up as my on-line scrapbook/journal, the title needs updating.
Inspired by my girls, who, despite their ten year age difference, both love lollipops and lip gloss; it is now titled, "From Lollipops to Lip Gloss." This is not to leave my son out, who also loves lollipops, but isn't too big on lip gloss, understandably!

Thursday, July 17, 2008

Swimming!!!

I'm so glad I got pictures of this because you might not believe it if you didn't see it with your own eyes!
Look at Kelly swimming with Debbie! Let me just remind you that Kelly is 14 months old! Debbie had her holding the kick board, stretched out in perfect form, kicking AND blowing bubbles! We could not believe our eyes. It was so amazing and so fun to watch Kelly go. I think she's officially ready for swimming lessons, don't you?

Debbie really had a way with Kelly, which really isn't too surprising considering what a loving, nurturing person Debbie is, and the fact that she's also a teacher, even though she is blessed to be able to stay home with her children. I have another story to share with you in regards to Debbie's way with Kelly, and pictures to accompany, but that is another post...



blowing bubbles


Go, Kelly, go!

Blake started out swimming like a fish, but ended swimming like a shark!

Such a handsome and sweet-natured boy!



Blake, Camryn, and Britney hanging out by the waterfall

Debbie working with Britney on her kicking

Look at that precious smile! Such a darling, loveable girl!

Camryn looks so grown up to me. Where is the time going?

2 comments:

Blomquist Blog said...

YEAH Kelly! Golly darn Jen, if I would of known you were going to post pictures of me, I would of tried to look a little better! LOL! I love the pics--it was quite amazing how well Kelly did and just had the instinct to know what to do. I am telling you, she is going to be in the Olympics someday with the way she already loves water! She is a natural--hmmm...her older brother and sister are teaching her some great things! Love the pics!

Love you guys,

Deb

fourlittlehawks said...

Kelly just continues to amaze me! So many babies coming home from China have a terrible fear of water, and so many other adjustment issues - which is understandable when you think of the enormity of the changes they are experiencing. But little Kelly is just so quick to jump right in and try new things. To me, this is such a testament of the strength of her spirit. What a little Steel Magnolia she is! And how blessed we are to have been given the chance to know this little warrior and watch her grow. I am so proud of you Kelly, you are going to take the world by storm!

Love,
Auntie
PS. Debbie - if I looked half as cute as you do in those pictures, I'd make Jen post a whole montage of pictures of me on her blog! It was so good to finally get to "see" you! I'm so happy you guys were able to come for a visit and I've loved hearing about the special times you had with Kelly! I only have one issue with you, and that is I feel you need to live MUCH closer to my sister! I'm so glad she has an awesome friend like you!