Formerly "To China For Kelly"

When I originally set up this blog, it was to chronicle our trip to China to adopt our daughter, Kelly; thus the title, "To China For Kelly." But now that I've decided to keep it up as my on-line scrapbook/journal, the title needs updating.
Inspired by my girls, who, despite their ten year age difference, both love lollipops and lip gloss; it is now titled, "From Lollipops to Lip Gloss." This is not to leave my son out, who also loves lollipops, but isn't too big on lip gloss, understandably!

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

My Birthday

Just a couple shots of a few of my birthday presents. Clint got me this decorative grate for my little alcove I haven't known what to do with for the past three years! I think I'd like to add something else to the spot, but I'm happy to finally have something pretty to look at there.

My mom sent me these beautiful flowers in this perfect little pitcher!
Isn't it lovely? Hydrangeas are my favorite! We don't have enough shade in our yard here yet to grow any, but I look forward to the day when we will, because I am definitely planting at least one!

1 comment:

fourlittlehawks said...

Okay, so I have two things to say.

1. I'm so excited you got something for that pesky alcove, and it looks great!
2. I never knew that hydrangeas were your favorite flower! I love when I learn something knew about you! But I am confused - I thought your favorite flower was bordeaux truffles? Hmmmmmm . . . Wierd.

Love,
Jen