Formerly "To China For Kelly"

When I originally set up this blog, it was to chronicle our trip to China to adopt our daughter, Kelly; thus the title, "To China For Kelly." But now that I've decided to keep it up as my on-line scrapbook/journal, the title needs updating.
Inspired by my girls, who, despite their ten year age difference, both love lollipops and lip gloss; it is now titled, "From Lollipops to Lip Gloss." This is not to leave my son out, who also loves lollipops, but isn't too big on lip gloss, understandably!

Sunday, December 7, 2008

The Abominable Snowman!

Here is Kelly in her new Christmas Coat! I think putting it on her turned her into somewhat of an Abominable Snowman because I could not get the girl to stand still for me to get a picture of her for anything!



I know this may seem silly for me to post all these pictures of the side and back of her coat, but this is just to show you all my attempts to get her picture! She was absolutely incapable of standing still!
... That is, until she fell down from dizziness after turning in circles. . . which is how I got this picture. . .
Caleb handed her this ornament and I actually got her! This one seems to be her favorite... it's the one she always pulls off the tree if she can.

I just had to take a picture of something that would be still before I put the camera up, so I snapped one of Kaya. Ahh, my good old girl, Kaya... so sweet, and soooooo calm...

3 comments:

Cheri and Shane said...

Jennifer,

Oh my gosh...that coat looks GORGEOUS on Kelly!!!

I am just catching up on your blog. I haven't been into any of my friends' blogs for almost a week now. I've been so busy baking....little Miss Betty Crocker (which is so UNLIKE me..LOL) Having Hope here with us for Christmas has really put me in the mood for everything!!

Anyways, I think your haircut looks pretty! The mountain pictures were so beautiful. We love to go to the Smoky Mountains (Gatlinburg, Maggie Valley, etc). I would love to see the mountains in the fall. We've only been there in the summer.

Oh, and thank you for posting some pictures of your Christmas decorations. Everything looks so pretty. I just love seeing how everyone decorates for the holidays! Speaking of the holidays, are you ready for them? I think I am. Today I am baking again and then tomorrow I am wrapping presents all day!!

Anyways, just wanted to say "hi" and let you know that I'm finally catching up on your recent blog entries and loving all the pictures!!

Love,
Cheri

Connie Son said...

that jacket is so cute! I am glad that you put all those pictures because being a witness to that runner! I know that is what you got for pictures! Yea for Kaya your constant.....Love you

~natty and barclay said...

What darling pictures... I think Kelly looks like a baby angel leaning to fly! The ornament, I think is Caleb's Tiger ornament from the story, "Little Black Sambo". Am I right? I agree w/Cheri, your new haircut is darling! I love your current Christmas background on the blog BUT I especially love all the wonderful pictures of all of the kiddoes! Missing you and loving your updates, Hugs and Kisses to all, Nanna