Formerly "To China For Kelly"

When I originally set up this blog, it was to chronicle our trip to China to adopt our daughter, Kelly; thus the title, "To China For Kelly." But now that I've decided to keep it up as my on-line scrapbook/journal, the title needs updating.
Inspired by my girls, who, despite their ten year age difference, both love lollipops and lip gloss; it is now titled, "From Lollipops to Lip Gloss." This is not to leave my son out, who also loves lollipops, but isn't too big on lip gloss, understandably!

Saturday, June 21, 2008

Homecoming!





















It's sooo good to be home!
Our flight was not fun, but thank God, we made it! Kelly had a hard time sleeping for long on the plane, as did Clint and I, so we are all really feeling funky from the jet lag and tiredness. Kelly's got her days and nights mixed up- she woke up at midnight last night rearing to go! It wasn't until 2:30 that she finally fell back asleep. She's been a little loopy so we're hoping she gets a better night's sleep tonight. She's really adjusted amazingly well so far otherwise.
Sorry we didn't get more pictures- it was so wonderfully emotional to come home and have Caleb and Camryn meet their baby sister for the first time, as well for Kelly to meet her auntie and her darling cousins too, so we had a hard time stopping to take more pictures. (We should have hired a photographer!)

Camryn was very emotional, as you can tell- she was overwhelmed with joy. Funny- she used to always ask me why I would cry at times when I was happy. She was so perplexed by that- she just did not understand it! I've always told her that happy cries are the best, and that one day it would just happen and she would cry from being overwhelmed with joy and then she would know what it felt like. Well, she had her first official "happy cry" yesterday and now she completely understands! It was so sweet. Caleb and my sister were crying right along with her- we were all just so happy to be back home together and everyone was just smitten with Kelly. She did surprisingly well with everyone and warms up more and more with each moment that passes.
I'm too tired to write more now, but I wanted to let you guys see the pictures we took since we've been home. I'm pretty sure you'll be able to tell which ones were taken right when we got home. Isn't the sign they made beautiful?!

Kelly has reduced Caleb and Camryn to something similar to court jesters, as you can see in the pictures! They'll do anything to make her laugh or smile! They're soo sweet with her- it's so wonderful to be home with all my baby birds in the nest!
My cup truly overflows!




8 comments:

Nana in Houston said...

Happy, happy days!!!! Although I was certain you all would get home just fine I'm so glad to know you have arrived and can begin the new adventure at home now. It was quite a joy to "travel" with you and see the first glimpes of Kelly with her parents. It so good now to see Camryn and Caleb and all the warm and positive feelings being emoted. Thank you for taking us with you. And thank you sister Jen for doing such a good job keeping the torch burning when our Jen couldn't. Get some well earned rest and write when you catch a moment. Love to all.

Connie Son said...

let Camryn know that I am crying with her too!!!That is so sweet, my kids ask me why I crying mommy and I can't even explain that yet so I know how she felt! Welcome Home

~natty and barclay said...

My heart overflows with joy as do my tear ducts! I am right there with ya, Camryn and Caleb! I love these beautiful pictures. Just the first step in making memories! Hugs and Kisses to all, Nanna

Blomquist Blog said...

WOW! I am so overwhelmed myself right now. Just seeing those pictures and experiencing the emotions that the pictures entailed is just truly amazing. I love to see Camryn's emotions--it made me cry too just seeing how overwhelmed she was with pure joy and pride. Kelly is so lucky to have such an awesome older brother and sister. Oh, the memories for the Kneip 5 have already started and I can't wait to hear more about everything. We wish you all the best and happy transitioning! We send our love and our heartfelt congratulations to all of you! Your sweet baby girl is home with you now! Praise the Lord!

Love,

Debbie

Carrie said...

Congrats what a wonderful family!

Cheri and Shane said...

Welcome Home!!! The pictures are wonderful!!!

Cheri and Shane said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

This is every bit as emotional and joyous as a birth...probably even more so as the anticipation was spread out over a longer period of time. Those pictures of Camryn got me going too. Can't thank you enough for sharing this experience with us. Let us know when you feel up for visitors. We are DYING over here knowing you are just a few blocks away. Welcome home beloved Kneips!