Formerly "To China For Kelly"

When I originally set up this blog, it was to chronicle our trip to China to adopt our daughter, Kelly; thus the title, "To China For Kelly." But now that I've decided to keep it up as my on-line scrapbook/journal, the title needs updating.
Inspired by my girls, who, despite their ten year age difference, both love lollipops and lip gloss; it is now titled, "From Lollipops to Lip Gloss." This is not to leave my son out, who also loves lollipops, but isn't too big on lip gloss, understandably!

Thursday, July 17, 2008

Miserable Kelly (Miserable Mommy)

Kelly has been having a really hard time sleeping and napping lately, so I think we're both feeling tired and grumpy. I am not able to get much done, especially during naps, because they're so short, which is why I haven't been able to email those of you who have emailed me in the past week or two, or do much updating here either, so I apologize, although I know you all understand.
Nighttime is a little better- she usually wakes up a couple of times but goes back to sleep pretty easily, but the problem is that I don't always, so I often start the day tired. By the time I put her to bed, I am so tired that I go to bed soon after.
She has a doctor's appointment tomorrow so I'm hoping to find something out, although it seems like it was shortly after her last doctor's appointment that this restless sleeping started. That doctor's appointment was VERY traumatic for her- she was extremely upset by it, so I don't know if this could be post traumatic stress for her or what, but I feel for her. I'm wondering if it's her ears or her teeth, but even with Tylenol or Motrin, she still seems to sleep restlessly, so I'm stumped.
I'll let you all know what I find out at the doctor's tomorrow. Oh, I hope this appointment is not as traumatic as the last one. Any prayers are definitely appreciated!

I'll be posting more pictures as I can... I have several from our time with our friends I want to share. My friend, Debbie, really had some special times with Kelly. It was really sweet and I'm eager to share the pictures with you.
Hang in there with me!
Thanks!
Love to all... Jen

2 comments:

Blomquist Blog said...

Hi Jen,
I wish I was there to help you out during these times. I hope the doctors appointment goes well and you can get a better understanding of why Kelly might not be napping/sleeping so well. Is she teething at all? Good luck tomorrow and know that we will be thinking and praying for your visit to go well. Give big kisses to Kelly for me, or even better, give her a raspberry for me since that seemed to be our language with each other. I miss you all! Hang in there and I hope you get some rest real soon.

Love to all,

Debbie

Unknown said...

Hey Jen,

Thanks so much for all the pictures and updates they are wonderful to see. And yes I loved the karate chop idea. It sounds like maybe her sleeping problems could be the ear infection. Since you found out have things gotten better?

I need to run get stuff ready for Kailee's bday party tomorrow. Did I tell you she will be 4yrs?

Love you-Mollie