Formerly "To China For Kelly"

When I originally set up this blog, it was to chronicle our trip to China to adopt our daughter, Kelly; thus the title, "To China For Kelly." But now that I've decided to keep it up as my on-line scrapbook/journal, the title needs updating.
Inspired by my girls, who, despite their ten year age difference, both love lollipops and lip gloss; it is now titled, "From Lollipops to Lip Gloss." This is not to leave my son out, who also loves lollipops, but isn't too big on lip gloss, understandably!

Thursday, August 7, 2008

More Summer Fun with Kelly

Here we are in the backyard, having some fun in the sun.

FYI: Kaya's water bowl is normally a "no-no" for Kelly, but since Kelly had her swim suit on, and I was trying to keep her out of the pool... well, what can I say?
I gave in and let her have at it!

Did she ever have a ball! The girl LOVES water, whether it be in
the pool,
the bathtub,
or even the dog's water bowl!



Kelly poses for Mommy before she's off to have some fun!
Hurry up, Mom! I'm ready to get wet!


But aren't I too cute in my new suit?!


Look at those cute, little legs!

Sweet baby girl - how she loves to get wet!

Kaya says, "I know you don't like us to tattle, Mom, but you do realize she's got my water bowl?"

Let the fun begin!

Why have we never played in this before, Mommy?

This is such fun!

Hey, I just spotted Caleb with something

I think I might be interested in...

Hi Caleb, can I please have a bite? (She's signing "please.")

Sure, anything for you, baby sis...

Wow, Caleb, you really love me, don't you?


7 comments:

Blomquist Blog said...

Hey there!
Isn't it always the simplest toys that keep our kids highly entertained?! :) She was quite fond of Kaya's water dish! So cute! I can't believe how much she has changed since we were there! She is definitely one happy and content little girl! Yeah for you guys! Take care and keep sending those updates and pictures!

Love ya,

Deb

~natty and barclay said...

"Kelly-The Polka Dot Princess" ... so pretty in pink! The pictures with Caleb are precious. Brings a tear to my eyes! Amazing love! I love ALL the pictures but find the one from the side and back with her cute little girly prance so adorable! Beautiful little Boo, china doll. Your captions are perfect. hummn.. all is Good! I love you all!

~natty and barclay said...

Jen, weren't theses pictures taken on YOUR birthday??! Where are the pictures of you? Happy Birthday Jennifer! You must hand that camera over to Caleb or Camryn so we can see YOU ---> Birthday Girl! I love you! I hope my card got there in time! Hugs, Nancy

Cheri and Shane said...

Hi Jennifer!! I haven't been checking into the blogs like I normally do because we've been so busy all summer, but I was just catching up and I wanted to comment on how ADORABLE little Miss Kelly is!! I love all the new pictures!! Enjoy the rest of your summer! :)

fourlittlehawks said...

Boo!
Hiss!
I know your internet is broken, so technically it's out of your control, but I still can't help being angry when I haven't seen pictures of Kelly since these were taken! I just feel like you could find a way to post new pictures, if you really cared. Must Have More Kelly!!
Love,
Jen

fourlittlehawks said...

Okay, your internet is back, and now YOU are back from the coast.

Ahem . . . pictures, please.

Love,
Auntie
(who hasn't seen Kelly since this last blog post and is feeling rather disgruntled and huffy over the whole issue).

fourlittlehawks said...

Dear Lamey Lamerston,

Update your blog for goodness sake.
I mean, really.
Heavens to Betsy.

Love,
Jen