Formerly "To China For Kelly"

When I originally set up this blog, it was to chronicle our trip to China to adopt our daughter, Kelly; thus the title, "To China For Kelly." But now that I've decided to keep it up as my on-line scrapbook/journal, the title needs updating.
Inspired by my girls, who, despite their ten year age difference, both love lollipops and lip gloss; it is now titled, "From Lollipops to Lip Gloss." This is not to leave my son out, who also loves lollipops, but isn't too big on lip gloss, understandably!

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Beautiful Camryn





Camryn was invited to a tea party yesterday, so we curled her hair and got her all dolled up so she could truly look and feel like a little lady going to tea!
I snapped these pictures before she left. I'm amazed at how quickly she's growing and looking less and less like a beautiful, little girl and more and more like a gorgeous, young lady. (It's kind of scary!)
Later that afternoon, after a swim in the pool, I watched her as she was eating a bowl of cereal (Frosted Mini-Wheats- one of her faves!). I was taken back, once again, by her ethereal beauty, which inspired me to snap a few more pictures!
You can see her playful side in the last shot- just take a look at my lovely daughter!


5 comments:

Blomquist Blog said...

WOW!! She is truly gorgeous! She looks so grown up and you are right, she is becoming a beautiful young lady! Wah!! You should be very proud and Clint should be very scared! Ha! Thank you for sharing them! I also love the ones of her in her element--her swim suit. She is so gorgeous in those ones too. I am just blown away by how grown up your two older ones are! Makes me sad, yet very happy inside knowing you have raised such nice, polite, and wonderful kids!

Love ya,

Deb

Clint and Jennifer said...

Thanks for "feeling it" with me, Deb! I felt kind of silly after I posted this, like "Oh, look how beautiful my daughter is!" as if every mother isn't going to say that??!! But you're so sweet to join in my gushing!!!
You have a couple of beauties yourself, so you're in for just as much trouble as we are- you just have a bit more time before you have to face the feelings of watching them become young adults!
But yes, one thing's for sure... we can both be very proud of the sweet, well-mannered, well-adjusted kids we have. We are blessed!
Thanks for sharing in my moment of pride!
Love ya,
Jen

~natty and barclay said...

Camryn! You are gorgeous! You look so grown up... where does time go? In the last picture with the furrowed brow, Camryn looks like her Daddy! Not, that he gave *that look* very often when he was her age! ;-) I have to say that Clint, too was quite a well mannered young man, himself. Like Mama and Dad... like daughter and son! Great kids! Awesome grandchildren!!

Connie Son said...

Holy Cow!! You have your hands full with 2 beautiful girls....I can't believe the difference in Camryn just in the 3 years that I have known you guys! She is so pretty and those eyes...Emily wants to comb her hair, it's not down very often!

Unknown said...

My goodness!!! She is beautiful!! I have never seen her so grown up. I guess it has been awhile since y'all were down here though. Thanks for the pictures. They were awesome!

Love you, merl