Formerly "To China For Kelly"

When I originally set up this blog, it was to chronicle our trip to China to adopt our daughter, Kelly; thus the title, "To China For Kelly." But now that I've decided to keep it up as my on-line scrapbook/journal, the title needs updating.
Inspired by my girls, who, despite their ten year age difference, both love lollipops and lip gloss; it is now titled, "From Lollipops to Lip Gloss." This is not to leave my son out, who also loves lollipops, but isn't too big on lip gloss, understandably!

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Fall is Finally Here!!!

I love Fall. It's my favorite season for so many reasons, but the biggest reason this year is just because it means Summer is coming to an end!
I have been such a whiner about the heat for the past month or so. I'm soooo tired of being hot and sweaty and just sapped of energy because of the intense summer heat. I was really becoming quite a grump about it! So I was absolutely thrilled this past weekend when we finally got some seasonably cooler weather. Now with Fall's official arrival yesterday, I know we'll gradually be cooling down more and more- and I can't wait!

As you can see, I was eager to get Kelly into a long sleeved shirt with a cute little Autumn theme. I don't know if you can see it very well, but it has a little doggy in a pumpkin costume on it, and he's saying, "trick-or-treat."

I was even able to get some little matching clippies in Kelly's hair all by myself! It took me the longest time though- I could not get the little things to snap closed on Kelly's fine hair! But I knew Camryn had successfully done it, so I was determined that I could do it too. I felt like I had to wrestle Kelly to the ground to do it though- it was quite comical. She actually didn't put up much of a fight- it was the barrettes that put up the fight! She just looked up at me a few times, like, "Um, Mommy- what in the heck are you doing?"
Her expression cracked me up.

Anyway, as you can see, I finally got the little things to stay in her hair! Yeah!!!
I don't know if you can tell, but she's playing with my bracelets in the pictures. It was the only way I could get her to sit still so I could take her picture! She LOVES those bracelets- they're better than any toy! She puts them on, one at a time, and takes them off, one at a time, over and over, and over again. Isn't that always the way it goes with babies? You can have a room full of toys and what do they want to play with? The remote... an empty box... the phone... pots and pans... my bracelets... you get the picture.


Enjoy the photos... isn't she such a doll?




3 comments:

fourlittlehawks said...

Kelly IS such a little pumpkin!
And it's so sweet to see her little "girlie" side with the bracelets. I hate those clippy things when their hair is so fine! Ugh, I totally felt you when you were talking about that! But yay, you won!

Love You,
Jen

fourlittlehawks said...

I'm just wondering if I used enough exclamation points in my last comment? Maybe I could have fit just one more in somewhere . . .
~ Jen

Clint and Jennifer said...

That's so funny... I didn't even notice! I had to go back and look to see the exclamation points... I just heard your voice as I read it and never even NOTICED an exclamation point. So to answer your question, no, you did not use enough! You could have put ONE MORE in right after you said, "Love you,"!!!
TEE HEE-
Love you!
Sissy