Formerly "To China For Kelly"

When I originally set up this blog, it was to chronicle our trip to China to adopt our daughter, Kelly; thus the title, "To China For Kelly." But now that I've decided to keep it up as my on-line scrapbook/journal, the title needs updating.
Inspired by my girls, who, despite their ten year age difference, both love lollipops and lip gloss; it is now titled, "From Lollipops to Lip Gloss." This is not to leave my son out, who also loves lollipops, but isn't too big on lip gloss, understandably!

Sunday, November 2, 2008

Fun-Filled Friday!

Boy, has it been busy around here lately, and Friday was no exception!

It was "Crazy Hair Day" at Camryn's school...

Doesn't she look like she could be Albert Einstein's great-great granddaughter?

Later that afternoon, Camryn's friend, Shayli, came over so the girls could get ready and dress up together. It brings back memories for me... getting together with my girlfriends to get ready together. The 'getting ready' was half the fun!



Here's the finished product... two of the cutest little hippies you ever did see. They did a little "trick-or-treating" on our block, then I took them over to our church for lots of fun and games there!

Now we couldn't forget our little Fairy Princess Kelly!



I lost my wand! Where ever did I put it?!


And finally, here is our mime, Caleb, holding our precious Fairy Princess, with his friends, Jose, the werewolf, and Cody, the Nazgul.
Needless to say, there is way too much candy floating around this house now! But I sure enjoyed all the activity and fun with all the kiddos. I hope you all had a wonderful fun-filled Friday too!



5 comments:

Blomquist Blog said...

Hi Jen!

What great pics! Your fairy princess is just a doll, your hippie is so totally COOL, and your Mime is just AWESOME!! What great costume ideas for the older kiddos! Thanks for sharing!

Hope you are all doing well! It is so amazing as we watch our kids grow, the excitement for the different holidays still seem to sparkle in their eyes and hearts!

Love you,

Deb

Cheri and Shane said...

Jen,

Everyone looks so great in their costumes. LOVE the first picture with the wild hair!! LOL

Glad everyone had fun!!

Hugs,
Cheri

Connie Son said...

omg, you were not lying about that hair! That was great hair!! She would have had my vote for best crazy hair. I loved her hair cut and got my cut inspired by her but let her know that I will stick with my styling then hers....lol!

Big Sis said...

I've been following the joy your wonderful children bring to your life, ever since you commented on MY sister Beth's blog, To China for Jia. These Halloween pictures are absolutely wonderful! And what a terrific choice for your Kelly--a fairy--which she must seem to you--magical and mischievous all in one small package!

You do seem quite blessed with all these beautiful happy children!

Laura

Beth and Terrell said...

These are wonderful photos! I hate to admit I didn't even DO halloween with Jia this year. Ergh. So busy with stuff and afraid that since she is not eating candy it would end up you know where!! But next year we're on! We plan to head over to the cousins' house and do the event up big! Your household looks active, loving and wonderful. I also used to love the girly girl stuff of getting ready and dressing up!

By the way, I LOVE the new look of your blog. I wish I had any idea how to do something so creative with mine! It is so pretty!

Beth