Formerly "To China For Kelly"

When I originally set up this blog, it was to chronicle our trip to China to adopt our daughter, Kelly; thus the title, "To China For Kelly." But now that I've decided to keep it up as my on-line scrapbook/journal, the title needs updating.
Inspired by my girls, who, despite their ten year age difference, both love lollipops and lip gloss; it is now titled, "From Lollipops to Lip Gloss." This is not to leave my son out, who also loves lollipops, but isn't too big on lip gloss, understandably!

Friday, November 21, 2008

Strolling Down Memory Lane

My sister posted a picture on her blog of Emma looking very sweet and very little in a hoodie that was once Camryn's. (Emma has since outgrown it and Hannah is now wearing it! Ahhh, our girls are growing too fast.)

Seeing that picture prompted me to look for old pictures of Camryn to see if I could find one of her in that same hoodie. I never found one, but here are some old pictures of Caleb and Camryn that I did find.

Where has the time gone?

Look at how little and sweet my babies were?

They're still sweet, and they'll always be my babies, but they certainly aren't little anymore.

I took this picture of Camryn and Caleb in San Diego on my 30th birthday. Ugh, that was over 9 years ago! Now I really feel old...































Love 'em all you can while you've got 'em... the time goes by and they grow up way too quickly.

I'm so blessed with so very much to be thankful for... more than I ever would have imagined...

3 comments:

Blomquist Blog said...

Oh my goodness Jen! Those pics brought tears to my eyes. Caleb and Camryn are just two of the most beautiful kids we know and love. They have grown up, but I can't help but just stare at those pics in amazement to see how little they once were. How precious!

Blake now has that Gap red sweatshirt that I saw Caleb wearing in some of the pics. You gave it to Blake this summer and he wears it religiously and thinks of Caleb every time. He loves it!

You are right, we are all truly blessed and have so much to be thankful for. Thank you for sharing your pics and letting us stroll down memory lane with you. You should be so proud of your "big" kids now!

Lots of love,

Deb

Clint and Jennifer said...

Deb,
I THOUGHT I had given that sweatshirt to you guys for Blake- I was pretty sure, but I'm glad you confirmed it. I'm so glad he's enjoying it and wearing it proudly!
I came across pictures of you guys while I was looking at all these old pictures- oh my goodness, Debbie, Britney was TINY. And Blake was just a little squirt! I can't believe how much they've changed too... sooo precious, especially when you realize how quickly they really do grow.
Thanks for sharing in my memories- your family is a big part of those memories- I miss it so!
Time: slow down!
Love you all,
Jen

my3 kids said...

What fun to see your "big" kids when they were little. Such beautiful kids you have. It's so true, they grow up way to fast and we have to cherish every minute with them because before we know they will be grown and gone finding their way in life.