Formerly "To China For Kelly"

When I originally set up this blog, it was to chronicle our trip to China to adopt our daughter, Kelly; thus the title, "To China For Kelly." But now that I've decided to keep it up as my on-line scrapbook/journal, the title needs updating.
Inspired by my girls, who, despite their ten year age difference, both love lollipops and lip gloss; it is now titled, "From Lollipops to Lip Gloss." This is not to leave my son out, who also loves lollipops, but isn't too big on lip gloss, understandably!

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

My Grandma Margaret




That's what we called her... Grandma Margaret... and tonight, my Grandma Margaret passed away and went to be with Jesus forever.
These pictures were from the last time we saw her. It wasn't even two weeks after Kelly came home. My grandma had been suffering from dementia for the past several years, so she didn't even remember me, much less my children, but she was still delighted to be with us and was happy to know we were family when we told her.
We had a very sweet visit and enjoyed her very much. She was so cute. I will miss her, but she is no longer suffering and that brings me great peace.
My grandma lived a hard life in many ways. You see, my grandpa drowned in a terrible accident when she was but a young mother with two small children; my mom, age 5, and my uncle, who was only two years old at the time. It was the harshest and most devastating pain they all suffered to lose their beloved husband and father, and I think to this day, they still feel the sting of losing him all those years ago. But my grandmother feels that pain and loss no more. She is finally free.
Hey, I wonder if she's seen my grandpa up there by now?
However, I don't want to forget that my grandma did remarry several years ago... she married a very sweet man who has loved her dearly and taken wonderful care of her for years- Vance, and she has left him behind. He is now feeling that grief of losing your beloved spouse, so please keep him in your prayers as well.
Thanks so much.
Love,
Jennifer





3 comments:

Blomquist Blog said...

Sweet Jen,

My thoughts and prayers are with you during this time. I am glad that your Grandma is home now and not suffering anymore. I think it is so neat that she got to meet Kelly and see you all once again before she was called home.

All my best,

Deb

~natty and barclay said...

My deepest sympathy to you, your sweet mom and all your family. All my love, Nanna

Connie Son said...

Jen, I know that you mentioned that your grandma may pass....I am so sorry! I know that it was meant to be for her to visit when she did. What a blessing to know that she is with Jesus. Did she like Bingo maybe I could hook her up with my grandma! Love you