Formerly "To China For Kelly"

When I originally set up this blog, it was to chronicle our trip to China to adopt our daughter, Kelly; thus the title, "To China For Kelly." But now that I've decided to keep it up as my on-line scrapbook/journal, the title needs updating.
Inspired by my girls, who, despite their ten year age difference, both love lollipops and lip gloss; it is now titled, "From Lollipops to Lip Gloss." This is not to leave my son out, who also loves lollipops, but isn't too big on lip gloss, understandably!

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Pray for Nancy!

I got a very exciting phone call this morning from one of my dearest friends, Debbie, and it calls for the saints to pray!

Debbie's lifelong friend, Nancy, has been battling Cystic Fibrosis for many years, and it has taken it's toll on her lungs. She has been on a lung donor list for months- her lungs have simply worn out from years of battling this disease. She has also battled numerous infections, anemia, and other complications. It has been a real uphill battle, but today, it looks like Nancy's Christmas Miracle came!
She got a call that they had a match for her for new lungs! She rushed off for surgery and is actually in surgery at this very moment doing the lung transplant. It is a very long surgery (about 12 hours) so it is critical that we keep her in our prayers today and in the days and weeks following this surgery as it's a crucial time for her body to accept the new lungs. She is going to need so much strength, so please pray for her!
She is a devoted wife and mother and just a precious lady with an amazing spirit. She is an inspiration and a blessing to all she knows.

Here is a link to her blog. You can follow it to keep up on her progress as her father will be updating it for her.
Thank you so much.
Love,
Jen

http://www.nancymatthews.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

Blomquist Blog said...

Hi Jen!

Thank you so much for that beautiful post. It means the world to me! This is such a glorious day and I am hoping that this is Nancy's Christmas miracle! I love you and thank you from the bottom of my heart for all of your prayers for my dear friend!

Love ya,

Deb