Formerly "To China For Kelly"

When I originally set up this blog, it was to chronicle our trip to China to adopt our daughter, Kelly; thus the title, "To China For Kelly." But now that I've decided to keep it up as my on-line scrapbook/journal, the title needs updating.
Inspired by my girls, who, despite their ten year age difference, both love lollipops and lip gloss; it is now titled, "From Lollipops to Lip Gloss." This is not to leave my son out, who also loves lollipops, but isn't too big on lip gloss, understandably!

Saturday, December 13, 2008

The Snow Globe








Kelly loves the snow globe!
It's funny-- as an adult, I don't care much for them... I mean, I do like them, but I guess I could take them or leave them. But when I look at Kelly stare into that snow globe, I am taken back to a time when I loved snow globes too. When I was a little girl, I remember how I loved to stare into them and turn them upside down, watching the snow cascade down in the water, over and over again.
Isn't that why children make Christmas all the more wonderful? They take us back to a time when we were innocent and carefree, able to fully enjoy all the little things in life- especially at Christmas- that, as adults, we tend to overlook and sometimes completely forget...
Yes, the wonder of Christmas is found looking through the eyes of a child.

3 comments:

Blomquist Blog said...

Hi Jen!

Yes, what is is with snow globes. I get ours out every year and the kids fight over who gets it first and they are just mesmerized by it. I think it is because it holds so much wonder in that tiny area! How precious that Kelly is seeing the same amazement that we once saw as children! There is nothing like Christmas through the eyes of a child--priceless!

Thank you also for your wonderful comments on Nancy's blog and all of your support. What a blessing you are to me and so many others!

Love ya,

Deb

Clint and Jennifer said...

Oh Debbie, I am humbled to be able to experience this with you all. To see a miracle happen like this just makes me feel sooo very thankful... for sooo many things, but especially, for Nancy's new lease on life and for the opportunity to be a part of it. You made it possible, by "introducing" me to your sweet friend. You are so precious to so many, always full of encouragement and love, so I am the one who is blessed!
Thanks, Deb. You and your wonderful family enjoy this special time of year.
Love you dearly,
Jen

Paul and Angela said...

That's funny. Snow globes are Skylar's favorite!She could stare at them forever. Wind chimes also provide hours of cheap fun!