Formerly "To China For Kelly"

When I originally set up this blog, it was to chronicle our trip to China to adopt our daughter, Kelly; thus the title, "To China For Kelly." But now that I've decided to keep it up as my on-line scrapbook/journal, the title needs updating.
Inspired by my girls, who, despite their ten year age difference, both love lollipops and lip gloss; it is now titled, "From Lollipops to Lip Gloss." This is not to leave my son out, who also loves lollipops, but isn't too big on lip gloss, understandably!

Friday, January 16, 2009

Cake!

Camryn baked a cake for Kelly's referral anniversary.
Kelly remembered her Auntie's hint that vanilla frosting was best, so she requested white cake with vanilla frosting and sprinkles.
She thought it was y-u-u-u-mmmy!

We started out with a fork...




But ditched it for doing it the old fashioned way... with our hands, of course!



Mmmmmm... may I have another piece, please?




3 comments:

my3 kids said...

Yummy Kelly....happy anniversary sweetie, your growing up to be such a beautiful little girl and look your hair is starting to come in.

fourlittlehawks said...

Hey, did someone say cake?

Kelly, it does my heart good to hear that you took my advice about the vanilla frosting. It is so easy to be led astray in a household like yours that is so full of chocolate lovers. Cammie you are so very sweet to bake your sister a cake and it looks super yummy! I wish I could have been there to have some with you guys!

Love,
Auntie

Natalie said...

OH, what a darling little face! And What a sweet sister to think of doing such a wonderful thing for Kelly.