Formerly "To China For Kelly"

When I originally set up this blog, it was to chronicle our trip to China to adopt our daughter, Kelly; thus the title, "To China For Kelly." But now that I've decided to keep it up as my on-line scrapbook/journal, the title needs updating.
Inspired by my girls, who, despite their ten year age difference, both love lollipops and lip gloss; it is now titled, "From Lollipops to Lip Gloss." This is not to leave my son out, who also loves lollipops, but isn't too big on lip gloss, understandably!

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

I Drank A Diet Vanilla Pepsi...


with dinner, and now I can't sleep!

I should know better than to have caffeine at night.

I have been updating my facebook profile since I'm up past my bedtime. I was working on my Bible study homework (Bad Girls of the Bible- good stuff!) but I got distracted with facebook. I joined this afternoon after a good friend urged me to join again.
Yes, again... see, I tried several months back to join, but it never sent me the confirmation e-mail, so I tried again that same day, and it still didn't send me a confirmation e-mail, so I gave up. I was starting to get a complex that I wasn't good enough for facebook or something... geez.
This time when I attempted to join, it worked! So now I'm on facebook if anyone wants to look me up and be my friend. ;-)


A few things I forgot to mention when I posted earlier...

Why the changes to the blog? (...if you even noticed...)

Well, my mom has been urging me to put our picture back up on the blog... the one of Clint and I...
but I hate that picture. We took it for our dossier in a hurry and I think I'm just sick of it. (Besides, I really prefer to be behind the camera, not in front of it!) But as I thought about putting a picture of us up on the blog, I decided to follow what I started with the kids, with the short description captioning the pictures of them on my sidebar. I was thinking how, when I visit blogs, I often wonder about the family, if the information isn't clearly posted somewhere.
If there isn't a picture of the author, I often wonder what he or she looks like..? (Am I the only one who does that?) I'm just a visual person, I guess. (I still prefer picture books! LOL)

So that's why I decided to do that on the sidebar. It kind of reminded me of the Brady Bunch when I was writing my caption... I think I need to take new photos of us looking up and down at one another- LOL.

The other thing I forgot to mention in my earlier post is that Kelly has been so happy to have her sister back home. Her demeanor has been much better since Camryn's home, so I guess there really was something to that. Here they are, sharing lollipops that their Nanna sent them for Valentine's Day.

You didn't know how literal I was being when I said "sharing" did you? I admit, my inner germophobe was cringing at their Lollipop Love Fest.

Kelly's trying with all her might to either bite it or get the whole thing in her mouth! Camryn's lips are turning blue from the lolli. LOL

Mmmmm... mommy, tell Nanna- lollipops are my new favorite!





I want to share more as we continue with our attachment work, so more to come on that. I don't want it to become the theme of our blog or anything, but I do want to share candidly where we are with it. Not only is it great to chronicle for me, but I figure, you never know who might glean from your experience. I so appreciate it when I can gain insight or wisdom into my situation because someone else was brave enough to share theirs; struggles, victories and all.

4 comments:

fourlittlehawks said...

Oh these pictures are so CUTE!
And you are so cute up past your bedtime juked up on diet vanilla pepsi - I hope you aren't paying for those late hours today! But, diet vanilla pepsi - blech. Just had to say it!

Love You,
Jen

Justice and Ashley Jones said...

Yeah, Facebook has been a blessing/curse in this household too. Have fun, but not too much.

Corie Barnhart-Grogan said...

Love the pictures...sticky love...yum-yum! I would love to be your friend on the "Face Book" but I have no idea how to even get there...so is this one of those times that "it's the thought that counts"? And I can't believe that I just let all of our blog world know that!
Love..hugs & kisses!

Natalie said...

It's so cute. I especially loved the picture of Kelly smiling! She's such a beauty Jennifer!
I'm glad things are going well and I'm glad her sissy is safely back home!!