Formerly "To China For Kelly"

When I originally set up this blog, it was to chronicle our trip to China to adopt our daughter, Kelly; thus the title, "To China For Kelly." But now that I've decided to keep it up as my on-line scrapbook/journal, the title needs updating.
Inspired by my girls, who, despite their ten year age difference, both love lollipops and lip gloss; it is now titled, "From Lollipops to Lip Gloss." This is not to leave my son out, who also loves lollipops, but isn't too big on lip gloss, understandably!

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

5, 4, 3, 2, 1... Happy Birthday Kelly!





I still have much to share about our precious daughter, 
and many photos to go along, 
but it'll have to wait because 
today is Kelly's special day! 
 
We decorated the house last night 
and Kelly woke up this morning 
to balloons and streamers,
and 
Mickey, Minnie, Goofy
and Donald (decorations)
all wishing her a happy birthday.
She was all gasps when I brought her 
out and she saw everything- so cute!
 
She's having a ball on her new riding toy 
that also greeted her this morning for her birthday. 
This thing is amazing- 
I think it's the best toy ever invented!
 
You will have to see pictures later...
I still am without camera =( WAAAAAAHHH! )=
although my sweet friend, Connie, 
has let me borrow her point and shoot.
She needed her big daddy camera back, 
but she didn't want to leave me completely empty handed, 
so I do have some shots from that camera
that I can upload later.
(Thanks so much my faithful friend =)

Oh, this camera drama has got me all in a tizzy...
I tried to order the D60 kit from Ritz Camera 
last week and they, too, had it backordered!
AARGH!

The good thing is, 
it looks like I am going to get that D90 after all, 
because we can't find the D60 kit anywhere
(for the price we want to pay), 
but we have been able to find some great deals on D90 kits, 
so yay for that!

But as wonderful as that is, I don't have it yet, 
so all this rambling about the camera is to say 
I am so upset that 
I do not have my nice camera 
for Kelly's special day!  

But what am I going to do?  
Whine about it all day long and 
miss the blessing of enjoying my little girl?
No way.
I will enjoy Kelly on this, her second birthday,
her first birthday with us- 
nice camera or not, 
and I will thank God for this precious gift 
of a daughter He has given us.

We are going to the zoo with our friends, 
Kristi and Adyson today!  
Yay!!!

Speaking of the zoo, a certain little monkey 
keeps climbing on me, so I better go...  

More pictures and Kelly stuff to come!
 

5 comments:

Blomquist Blog said...

Happy Birthday Kelly! I hope you have a very special, and fun day!

Jen, your heart is overflowing with love and pride...I can read it in your words. Cherish this special day and know that we are thinking of you. Wishing we were there to help you celebrate!

Love,

Deb

~natty and barclay said...

BOO is TWO! Whoopeee! I wish I was there, also, to join in this very special day! I look forward to seeing pictures of her celebration. Kelly is so blessed to have such a wonderful family! All the count down segments have been interesting and fun to look forward to seeing and reading. She is truly a wonder and a very adorable gift from God. Give her extra hugs today from me. Hugs and Kisses to Camryn and Caleb, too! All my Love, Nanna

~natty and barclay said...

www.youtube.com/watch?v=z08jGpgr43Y

Happy Bithday Boo!

Natalie said...

I hope you get that camera soon. I want to see pictures!

I love how so in love with your little girl you are. You delight in the small things about her as well as those big things.
I hope her birthday was a special one with your friends at the zoo. I can't wait to see the pictures.
Natalie

Beth and Terrell said...

Happy Belated Birthday Kelly! I've been so busy lately I haven't been able to properly check up on my favorite people!

It looks like you had a wonderful, wonderful birthday!

Beth and Jia.