Formerly "To China For Kelly"

When I originally set up this blog, it was to chronicle our trip to China to adopt our daughter, Kelly; thus the title, "To China For Kelly." But now that I've decided to keep it up as my on-line scrapbook/journal, the title needs updating.
Inspired by my girls, who, despite their ten year age difference, both love lollipops and lip gloss; it is now titled, "From Lollipops to Lip Gloss." This is not to leave my son out, who also loves lollipops, but isn't too big on lip gloss, understandably!

Friday, May 1, 2009

Remembering


On this day last year (May 1, 2008), we got our LOA (Letter Of Acceptance).  
Oh, what a happy day it was!

Our LOA was an important document (the biggie!) we had been waiting for since January 18, 2008, when we got our referral, so the lo-o-o-o-ong wait (101 days to be exact) had become excruciating, especially when Kelly's birthday came and went and we still had not heard any word on it. 
Little did we know, two days later we'd get it and would be traveling to China five weeks later!  It must have been all those red balloons everyone in our family sent up on Kelly's birthday!  (Click to see my post on it.) 
Over the past few weeks, I have been finding myself reminiscing a lot... remembering the feelings I had this time last year, and the whirlwind that quickly ensued after we received our LOA. It was such a time of agony, anticipation, wonder, mystery, excitement, and oh, did I mention anticipation..?  
I have been missing China too.  It rained today and it was a warm, humid rain-- it totally brought back memories of China!   
For those of you in the adoption process, yet to bring your little one home, feeling the agony of the wait... try to embrace every moment of it.  Before you know it, your baby will be in your arms and it will all be history.  It really is an amazing journey and such a special part of your child's story... cherish every moment.  

So, back to present day--

Kelly's birthday was WONDERFUL, and I will share more pictures soon!  (I still need to download them off Connie's camera she let me borrow...I don't have the right cord!)
I enjoyed Kelly so much on her special day.  I just felt overwhelmed with an abundance of love and thankfulness for her- there were hearts floating all around her, I'm sure!  
And did we ever have fun at the zoo!  We always enjoy spending time with our friends, Kristi and Adyson, who went with us, so that made it all the more special to share the day with them.   The girls had a ball and were so sweet together.  
Kristi got some great pictures with her camera and I will share some of her shots also, but I only have a couple on my computer right now, so I'll give you a teaser until I get more to share... soon.

Watching the flamingos
Climbing over the seat at McDonald's... 
that's my girl in true form!

3 comments:

~natty and barclay said...

Jennifer, I still have the answering machine recording of your call, "Well, I guess God our balloons...." and I tear up everytime I relisten to your message! I wept as I read your account today reminiscing. I'm such a marshmellow for sweet memories! God is so good!

Natalie said...

How sweet. It is such a sweet time reminiscing about everything that led us to our daughters (I'm working on a post myself about our match day)
and the magical journey to them.

I can't wait to see pictures of sweet Kelly with your NEW camera. Hope you have a sweet day!
Miss You!
Natalie

Cheri and Shane said...

Wow, a whole year already!! Time sure does fly, doesn't it!!

I missed your birthday post, I'm going to look at it right now.

I have been horrible with blogging and catching up on blogs. Our vacation is right around the corner, and I hope to get back into my "computer routine" once we get back!!

Hugs,
Cheri