Formerly "To China For Kelly"

When I originally set up this blog, it was to chronicle our trip to China to adopt our daughter, Kelly; thus the title, "To China For Kelly." But now that I've decided to keep it up as my on-line scrapbook/journal, the title needs updating.
Inspired by my girls, who, despite their ten year age difference, both love lollipops and lip gloss; it is now titled, "From Lollipops to Lip Gloss." This is not to leave my son out, who also loves lollipops, but isn't too big on lip gloss, understandably!

Sunday, April 26, 2009

Countdown to Kelly's Birthday - Part 4


(click to enlarge)

I'm pretty sure I am not alone 
when I say that my little Kelly 
loves the outdoors.  
I don't know if there is a child who doesn't!  

I am learning how important it is for this 
little flower 
to get out and get some 
fresh air 
and sunshine 
each and every day.

She loves to help me 
if I'm working in the yard. 
I get a kick out of watching her
face light up with 
delight
in herself when she feels
she can do what I am doing 
and is helping me.

I'm so thankful for the 
beautiful Spring weather
because lately, 
we're spending most of our time outside,
which means Kelly is a happy girl.

And if Kelly is a happy girl,
then I am a 
happy mommy!

5 comments:

~natty and barclay said...

Love these "count down" posts. I look forward each morning to seeing the latest wonderful pictures of your littlest angel, Kelly!

Connie Son said...

I am finally catching up with the blog...great pics. I love the shoe photos that's my girl....even though I need prayer!!
Love you guys

Dawn said...

Hi Jennifer, I just found your blog on the yangxi yahoo group. I also have a daughter from Yangxi and one from Hubei. Kelly is a cutie pie. I can't wait to check out your blog more. Oh, I just noticed her Lelli Kelly's. Those are my favorite too!

Dawn
http://www.pearlsfromtheriver.blogspot.com/

Cindy said...

I have to say that all Yangxi girls are pretty darn cute. I also found your blog thru the Yangxi yahoo Groups. We adopted our Malia in Dec 2004.
I love your layout for your blog.

Natalie said...

BEAUTIFUL collage! Looks like you got it! I love all the great pictures of her especially that yellow polka dot dress. Wanna go shopping sometime???
:<)

Natalie