Formerly "To China For Kelly"

When I originally set up this blog, it was to chronicle our trip to China to adopt our daughter, Kelly; thus the title, "To China For Kelly." But now that I've decided to keep it up as my on-line scrapbook/journal, the title needs updating.
Inspired by my girls, who, despite their ten year age difference, both love lollipops and lip gloss; it is now titled, "From Lollipops to Lip Gloss." This is not to leave my son out, who also loves lollipops, but isn't too big on lip gloss, understandably!

Saturday, April 25, 2009

Countdown to Kelly's Birthday - Part 3


As I have watched Kelly blossom over the past eleven months, one thing I've observed is that the girl loves shoes!  
All day long, from the time she wakes up until it's time for bed, she is bringing me a new pair of shoes to help her put on.  Sometimes she gets frustrated because she wants to wear two pairs of shoes at the same time, one on top of the other! She probably changes shoes 10 times a day, but her favorites to wear when we're out and about are definitely the red cherry flip flops.  
As you can tell, they've seen better days, as have many of them, including my favorites, the Lelli Kelly's. They're such cute shoes, but I love them simply because they bear her name! 






Kelly has not always loved shoes, however.  There was a time when she absolutely hated having shoes on her feet.  When we were in China and bought her some of the ever-popular squeaky shoes, we thought she'd be delighted.  Nothing could be further from the truth!  She screamed bloody murder when we put them on her feet.  We thought it might be the squeakies, so we took them out... nope, she still hated them!  Oh well, good thing it was summer and it was really too hot for shoes anyway.  
It was a good couple of months after Kelly got home before she finally decided she liked shoes, and there's been no looking back since!
Camryn was the one who helped her to change her mind about them, and if you haven't seen this post about how it happened, you have to check it out.  It's one of my favorites!

5 comments:

Kim said...

What an adorable post! A girl can never have to many pairs of shoes. Love those LellKelly shoes!!

Blomquist Blog said...

Yes, yes, that was one thing I could not get Kelly to like was her shoes. I remember all too well. I taught her that Piglet was o.k. so then we moved onto the shoes. Wasn't going to happen! But, big sister, Camryn, came through with flying colors and showed her how to be a princess with shoes! I love the pics. I do think Kelly might own more shoes than me!

Love all of your posts Jen! It is so great seeing Kelly so happy and content in your HOME! Couldn't be happier for you all. Hope good days are ahead for you all!

Love ya,

Deb

fourlittlehawks said...

Okay my amazing creative sister, I really loved the pictures you did with this post - SO perfect to have Kelly in her circle of shoes! You are an awesome enough blogger for both of us, no?

Love You,
Jen

Cutest Love Bugs on the Blog said...

How sweet!! I love all those shoes! Elliana would love all those shoes. LOL
Great post!

Natalie

Natalie said...

OOps, sorry. I've been helping my friend do a blog and forgot to log out of hers.
She'd probably like all those shoes too!!
Check out her blog sometime. I know she wouldn't want you to now because she hasn't got photo's on there yet. We've been working on slide shows.
Hugs to you my friend