Formerly "To China For Kelly"

When I originally set up this blog, it was to chronicle our trip to China to adopt our daughter, Kelly; thus the title, "To China For Kelly." But now that I've decided to keep it up as my on-line scrapbook/journal, the title needs updating.
Inspired by my girls, who, despite their ten year age difference, both love lollipops and lip gloss; it is now titled, "From Lollipops to Lip Gloss." This is not to leave my son out, who also loves lollipops, but isn't too big on lip gloss, understandably!

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Kelly, Kelly, Quite Contrary...



How does your garden grow? 
 
(Okay, I know that didn't rhyme, but it's what came to mind when I saw these pictures ;)


Our first yellow squash

These pictures show the progress of our little garden!  I can't even tell you how much joy it brings me to watch our vegetables grow.  It's almost ridiculous how much pleasure I get out of it.  I must go out and check on my garden half a dozen times a day, just checking in on everybody (it's so bad I've personalized my vegetables!), pulling new weeds that have popped up, and making sure they all look good and nobody is wilted.  But most of all, I am looking for something that's changed since I was out there the time before.  This morning, I was so excited when I saw these big, yellow blooms on our squash!  All this sunshine we're getting is really giving our garden a boost!  

Our first baby zucchini

Kelly in the garden on St. Patrick's Day


Kelly in the garden today

Oh, how I love having a garden!
A big thanks to my sweet neighbor, Connie, for letting me borrow her camera while I'm without one. That's how I got these awesome shots, and many more that I will share soon!




1 comment:

Natalie said...

Just look at that cute little bug!
It's so neat that you are so excited about gardening. I wish I had some of that enthusiasm.
I'm afraid of the worms. LOL. I really am, so go ahead and laugh. I will sit back and enjoy your beautiful pictures of your garden and contemplate if we're going to try again this year. Last year I was brave but the poor plants died from lack of water! I did water just not enough so they all died. :(
You crack me up though how you are like a little kid going out to check on your little plants as often as you do!
It reminds me of how God is with all of us. I'm confidant that He is much like you as He takes the same delight in us as he watches each of us grow!