Formerly "To China For Kelly"

When I originally set up this blog, it was to chronicle our trip to China to adopt our daughter, Kelly; thus the title, "To China For Kelly." But now that I've decided to keep it up as my on-line scrapbook/journal, the title needs updating.
Inspired by my girls, who, despite their ten year age difference, both love lollipops and lip gloss; it is now titled, "From Lollipops to Lip Gloss." This is not to leave my son out, who also loves lollipops, but isn't too big on lip gloss, understandably!

Monday, April 20, 2009

Out With the Old- In With the New!


So it has been a little crazy here lately! There is so much I want to share, but can't seem to catch my breath long enough to sit down and write much of anything worth reading.  After a virus attack on our already old computer, we decided to take the plunge and get the iMac we've been wanting for years.  This is my first post from it, and while I have MUCH to learn, I must say: I LOVE IT!!!!!
 

As if the computer crashing wasn't enough, my cell phone battery kept dying, like ten minutes after it would be fully charged.  So I went in to get a new battery and ended up walking out with this new phone, a new blue tooth, and a new car charger... eek!  Yet another new contraption I need to figure out how to use.  I still don't even know how to put it in vibrate mode, or on speakerphone.  I did manage to get it on speakerphone the other day, but I don't know how!  I've got some serious studying to do...




Then, this weekend, my darling little angel baby (sarcasm definitely intended) got a hold of my camera and broke it!  Now it wasn't the nicest camera to begin with (I've actually hated it for the most part,) but it was the only camera I've had.  We have been shopping for a digital SLR for several months now, (waaaay over-doing it on the research if you ask me... huh hem, CLINT!)  so it's not like it was a huge loss because we were planning on getting a new camera anyway, but the problem is that I do not have my new digital SLR yet, so now I am completely "cameraless."  WAAAAH. 
The place we planned on ordering it from (with a couple of lenses and other goodies) is currently out of stock, and their price and reputation can't be beat, so I don't know what to do... I know we should wait until they get it back in stock, but I DON'T WANT TO WAIT!  
Of course, Kelly looked so cute dressed up for church yesterday, but did I have a camera to snap her picture with?  Why no!  I didn't!  Then she and Camryn swam yesterday afternoon and they were so cute laying out together afterwards (Kelly is really mimicking everything we do lately so she was laying exactly like her big sister right next to her, and it was just so darling), but did I get a picture of that???  Noooooo....  
So you see why I hate every day that goes by that I don't have a camera?  Ugh, it's torture, I tell you! 
Well, here is a picture of my soon-to-be new camera.  I really want the D90, but I'm such an amateur that it would probably be more camera than I would know what to do with right now, so this will be a good starting point for me.  I intend to learn lots with this baby and it will be a stepping stone to the next best camera in a year or two.    

3 comments:

fourlittlehawks said...

Are you buried under all of those new owner's manuals! Sissy . . . . ???

Love,
Jen

Connie Son said...

I know you are borrowing my camera but would you like my little hand digital so you have something to not miss those cute pictures?

Natalie said...

Poor thing but it's also so much fun! I really am excited you got an Apple. It's my most favorite thing I own well, besides my camera but they go hand in hand right?!

Seems to me that you'll be having lots of fun learning all the neat things you can do with your new fun toys!