Formerly "To China For Kelly"

When I originally set up this blog, it was to chronicle our trip to China to adopt our daughter, Kelly; thus the title, "To China For Kelly." But now that I've decided to keep it up as my on-line scrapbook/journal, the title needs updating.
Inspired by my girls, who, despite their ten year age difference, both love lollipops and lip gloss; it is now titled, "From Lollipops to Lip Gloss." This is not to leave my son out, who also loves lollipops, but isn't too big on lip gloss, understandably!

Friday, April 17, 2009

Kelly's First Easter

I am going out of order on my posts here... I still want to share some great Colorado pictures too, but I'm trying to figure out how to do a collage with those, so it might take a little longer before I get them up here.
This Easter was a little crazy with us getting home from Colorado at 10PM the night before, so I must admit, we did not dye any Easter eggs this year. I felt terrible about it, but decided to let myself off the hook since Kelly's so young, I figured she probably wouldn't remember anyway. The big kids are kind of past it... =(

We were lucky to make it to church on Easter morning, as draggy as we all felt from our full day of travel the day before. I was so glad we did because it was a very powerful service that helped me to get my focus off all the suitcases I still needed to unpack and onto what was really important- praising God for the amazing gift of Jesus and the hope we have because of His resurrection.

We got home from church, had lunch, and then the big kids and I filled plastic Easter eggs with candy and hid them in the backyard for Kelly to hunt. I wondered how she would do, never having hunted Easter eggs before, nor seeing anyone else do it either, but she caught right on and seemed to really enjoy herself.


Here she is - Camryn is giving her
her Easter basket so she can start hunting!

"Oh Boy!"

"This is going to be fun!"


Finding her first egg...

She wanted to open each egg as she found them... so cute!
See that blue one in the background?
Let's see if she finds it...
Yep- she found it!

She had to open it and see what was inside.
"Mmmm, this jelly bean is yummy..."
"Uh-oh, it's stuck to my tooth!"


She just couldn't get enough of those jelly beans!


Camryn comes to see if she can help...


Caleb comes to help too...


We purposely waited to mow until after the Easter egg hunt.
Those eggs really hid well in the tall grass!

Sharing some jelly beans with daddy...

It turned out to be a very simple but especially blessed day with Kelly home for her first Easter. Hope you all had a wonderful Easter as well!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Cheyenne Mountain Zoo pictures to come next!




2 comments:

Natalie said...

I'm so glad that you had a good Easter even though you were a bit tired and that Kelly enjoyed those jelly beans! Yippee. Easter IS fun!

What a great idea about having the grass grow out a bit. Maybe next year for us since all we had was rain!

~natty and barclay said...

These are wonderful pictures! Boo is so cute and look how her hair has grown! I love Camryn's darling outfit. What a beautiful young lady she is. Caleb must be as tall as Clint if not taller! Wow, how they are growing up. The kids are just beautiful .... I just love see each of them! Keep up the great work, Clint and Jennifer!