Formerly "To China For Kelly"

When I originally set up this blog, it was to chronicle our trip to China to adopt our daughter, Kelly; thus the title, "To China For Kelly." But now that I've decided to keep it up as my on-line scrapbook/journal, the title needs updating.
Inspired by my girls, who, despite their ten year age difference, both love lollipops and lip gloss; it is now titled, "From Lollipops to Lip Gloss." This is not to leave my son out, who also loves lollipops, but isn't too big on lip gloss, understandably!

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Splash Mountain

Isn't it funny how some people can not go anywhere or do anything without their cell phones attached to their ears?  
Okay, so if I'm honest, I have to admit- I usually don't leave the house without my cell phone either!  BUT- that's because I have children who are not always in my care, and I want to be reachable to them at all times, so I am justified.  
What's your justification?
I digress... so Camryn and I are looking at our pictures the other night from Disneyland, and we are zooming in on the one of her, Shayli and Clint riding Splash Mountain.  Caleb actually took the picture- it's taken during the big drop of the coaster, where you get really wet at the bottom. 
So we wanted to see the expressions on their faces because Camryn was really scared to ride it... so we are zooming in, checking out her expression, laughing and carrying on... and then we notice... 
Do you see what I see?  
It can't be!
Yes, it is!
Look at that guy who is next to last, in the red shirt. 
Go ahead and look... I'll wait.....

Do you see what I see?
YEP!  
He's talking on his cell phone!

I mean, what in the world?  
Is he a stock broker?
What other good reason would there be to be talking on your cell phone while you are riding Splash Mountain!?!

Was it an emergency?  Maybe that's it.  But his body posture certainly doesn't incline me to believe it was. He looks so nonchalant, like, "Yeah, whatever... I'm just riding Splash Mountain, so what are you doing?"  

So- this is to the "Cell-Phone-Talking-Splash-Mountain-Riding-Dude":
PUT DOWN YOUR CELL PHONE AND BE IN THE MOMENT- YOU ARE ON SPLASH MOUNTAIN- ENJOY THE RIDE!
  



I should note that despite Camryn's facial expression here, she did get off the ride with a big smile and said she loved it!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is a classic! Great zooming in on that! I love the expressions on Clint, Camryn and Shayli's faces. Camryn looks a little unsure!! Great capture!!!
Kris

~natty and barclay said...

Camryn, honey, I can feel your pain! I am a big (bak-bak-BAK!) chicken when it comes to roller coaster-stomach-dropping-stomach-churning rides, too!

I think the guy on the phone may have beeen on the phone with his Cardiologist... having his endocardial defibrillator or his pacemaker reset! LOL! OR.... maybe he was shooting a commercial for Verizon Wireless: "Can ya hear me now...."

I'd put my money on my first guess,... REALLY!

fourlittlehawks said...

LOL LOL LOL!
That must be my friend Bob! Just last week I called to see what he was up to, and he was like, "Oh, I'm just riding Splash Mt., what are you doing?"
Geez, what are the odds, right?!

Blomquist Blog said...

That is too funny! How he has time to ride a ride like that and talk on the phone, is beyond me! We can call that talent can't we???!!!

I feel Camryn's pain! That is the ride we bribed Blake to go on and told him he would love it. He watched videos on it and all we told him about was that FINAL drop. Little did we know (or forget about) was the drop inside the ride in the dark. Ooops---I think we have scarred him for life. He will never ride that ride again. It didn't stop me from loving it though--definitely my favorite! I love the pics!

Way to go Camryn--you brave soul. You conquered your fear and did great....and I know you had fun as well!

Love you guys,

Deb

Paul and Angela said...

My e-mail address is acrisanto@sbcglobal.net How did you put that song on your blog? Someone helped me put one on a long time ago and now I want to change it, but I can't figure out how. I'm so dumb at all this stuff. Your new blog design is so cute!

Natalie said...

Sometimes cell phones are so annoying but this one is a great shot! I wonder if Jay Leno would like it!

You better get to blogging my friend!