Formerly "To China For Kelly"

When I originally set up this blog, it was to chronicle our trip to China to adopt our daughter, Kelly; thus the title, "To China For Kelly." But now that I've decided to keep it up as my on-line scrapbook/journal, the title needs updating.
Inspired by my girls, who, despite their ten year age difference, both love lollipops and lip gloss; it is now titled, "From Lollipops to Lip Gloss." This is not to leave my son out, who also loves lollipops, but isn't too big on lip gloss, understandably!

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Disneyland's California Adventure Park



I have good news, and I have bad news...

The good news is that we had a blast at Disneyland.

The bad news is that we are home from Disneyland.  

Oh, don't mind me... I do love my home- but all play and no work- now that's the life for me!     

We did have a wonderful time and, boy, do I have the pictures to prove it.
We are still learning how to use our new camera though, so we didn't use it to it's fullest potential, but we still managed to get some great shots.  I really want to take a class so I can learn and understand how to best utilize all the settings on my magnificent machine, but there was no time for that before Disneyland, so I played around with the settings and did the best I could with what little I've learned so far.
    
We visited California Adventure on Friday, and Disneyland on Saturday. 

Today I will post the pictures from our visit to Disneyland's California Adventure Park.  Then I will do a follow-up post with pictures from our visit to the actual Disneyland Park on Saturday.  

Kelly seemed to thrive on our excitement as we anticipated going to Disneyland. She didn't even really know what was going on, or what to expect, but she was still so excited- I think just because we were. 
This is something that has changed so much about her.  It used to be that it didn't matter how happy or sad you were, she would be completely unaffected... disconnected... detached.  But now, does she ever connect with our emotions and feel them too.  It's so wonderful to see her so full of life!

Here she is, smiling big as we waited for our shuttle to arrive at our hotel to take us to Disneyland.  Her expression tells it all.  We all felt like this!

Unfortunately, this is a rare thing: a picture of Clint and I together!  Usually, one of us is always the one taking the picture (which is actually the side of the camera that I prefer to be on!) but Caleb did a pretty good job taking this one of the two of us, don't you think?
We were all very happy that Camryn's best friend, Shayli, got to come with us.  She is one of the sweetest girls on the planet.  Here the girls are, occupying Kelly while we load the stroller onto the shuttle bus.  
(Notice Kelly's pink Minnie outfit?  Yes, silly me... I got her one in pink too!)
On the bus, ready to go!
Look who greeted us at California Adventure Park! I guess this is "California Goofy!"
Hi Sully!
We got into the park just in time to save seats for the Disney Pixar Parade.  Here we are, eating yummy ice cream treats while we wait... 

Kelly loved her ice cream sandwich.
(I just have to note- can you believe I actually made that bow to match her outfit? Just don't look too closely... lol ;)

Being silly before the parade starts...
The crowd gathers...
Keeping Kelly seated is always a challenge... Caleb's always a big help when my arms tire.
Lightening McQueen started off the parade- Vroom! Vroom!
"What's her name" (?) from Monsters Inc...
Kelly's taking it all in... such a pretty girl...
(Notice how dark the shot is?  I lightened it with my photo editing program, but this is the best I could get without it getting too grainy. Clint took several great ones of Kelly watching the parade, but he forgot to look at his monitor to see that they were all coming out extremely dark!)
Crush sprayed water on the crowd...

Kelly's getting into it now!
A Bug's Life


Toy Story green army men- aren't these guys great?

Mr. Potato Head
Woody 
(How we didn't manage to get Buzz, I don't know..?)
Finally, some light bounced and Clint got the gift 
of this one well-lit shot.
The big girls rode a couple of rides during the parade, so they found their way to us afterwards.  Kelly was thrilled to have them share their pretzels with her, of course!
Let's see... ice cream, pretzels... what else can we eat?  
How about a Churro?
Oh, these wonderfully bad foods are all a part of the fun of going to Disneyland, aren't they?

Another thing I love about Disneyland are the flowers!  There are so many beautiful flowers everywhere.  Look at the beauties behind Kelly here.  
I took Kelly on her first little ride while the others rode some big rides.  Here we are, standing in line, watching it go.  We were in "Bug's Land" where they have most of their little people rides in California Adventure Park.
A better look at the ride.  Kelly wasn't so sure about it...
"You mean we're going to get into those flying boxes, Mommy?"

Belted in and ready to go.  
She's still not so sure about it... in fact, she's pretty darned scared, poor little bug.
"What's going on here?"
"Why is everything moving?  Why are we up in the sky?  I don't like this feeling, Mommy..."
"Get me outta here!"
Poor baby girl... she did not like that big scary ride!  Not to worry, it was about over when she began to cry, so it was only a moment until I was able to hold her and comfort her, and she recovered quickly.  We met back up with Dad and "Bubba" as she now calls Caleb.  
She soon found herself feeling safe up on Caleb's shoulders and forgot all about that scary old ride. 
 There's nothing like a ride on Bubba's shoulders to bring a swift smile back to Kelly's sweet face!
Some pictures of the park as dusk set in and it took on a magical glow.



We met back up with the big girls, who were having so much fun together.
Everywhere we went, they walked arm in arm like this.  So sweet.
We really wanted to go on "Soarin' Over California" but the line was too long and they weren't offering fast passes anymore.  We decided to take this picture for Shayli's mom, since it's her favorite ride.  

We ventured back over to "Bug's Land" to see if Kelly would ride any more rides with us.  We stood in line for this ladybug ride, but at the last minute, we decided not to have her ride it as it seemed pretty fast-moving and she was getting tired.  Caleb and I stayed back with Kelly while Clint and the girls took a ladybug spin.  
Kelly wanted her daddy...
Smiling at Kelly...
She gives them a smile back... 

After the ride, we could tell Kelly was about out of gas... from the looks of this picture, I think Daddy was too.


10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome pictures, Jen and you did a great job on the bow!! Kelly looks soooooooooooo adorable in the pink and it looks like Caleb and Camryn had just as much fun!!! Again, Great job....can not wait to see the rest of the pictures!!!
Kris

Kim said...

So glad you had a great time! Isn't it hard to come home from a vacation like that?

Great photos! Love Kelly's outfit - so cute and perfect for such a wonderful place as Disney.

Paul and Angela said...

Oh my gosh I have to know how you found those minnie outfits!!!! How adorable. I am so glad Kelley is doing so well. We are trying to decide if we should go to California Adventure or just Disneyland. Are there a lot of rides for the little ones at California? What about Disneyland. Is there a lot our kids are old enough to do? We are going to Gilroy Gardens in a couple weeks. They have a ton of rides for little ones. We went last year and it was a lot of fun.

Paul and Angela said...

Oh my gosh I have to know how you found those minnie outfits!!!! How adorable. I am so glad Kelley is doing so well. We are trying to decide if we should go to California Adventure or just Disneyland. Are there a lot of rides for the little ones at California? What about Disneyland. Is there a lot our kids are old enough to do? We are going to Gilroy Gardens in a couple weeks. They have a ton of rides for little ones. We went last year and it was a lot of fun.

Blomquist Blog said...

What FUN! Looks like you all had a blast! The pics were great and brought back memories of our trip to Disneyland! I think we need to get back there! I wish you could of rode Soarin' Over California--the BEST!

Kelly is as cute as ever and I am so impressed with your bow making abilities. Who knew?! WOW! So special that Camryn got to have her best friend join her as well....I am sure they had the time of their lives!

Keep updating and sending more pics. We love knowing what is going on in the Kneip household.

Love to all,

Debbie

~natty and barclay said...

Super pictures of ALL of you! It looks like this was the place to be this past weekend! No earthquakes your way, thank goodness! Camrym and her gal pal are so cute... girls just want to have fun! Caleb must be ever bit as tall as Clint! Jen, you and Clint look WONDERUL and I think Kelly has blossomed and flourished so much. She looks so happy (except on the SCARY RIDE) and content and obviously from your post things are going very well. Great photos, great camera BUT it is the SUBJECTS that make great memories! Thank you for capturing them for all of us! Hugs from Texas.... see you in about 38 days, 22 hours, 36 minutes and 16 seconds! ;0}

Natalie said...

OH my gosh what great pictures and it looked like you all had a fabulous time!
Kelly of course looks stunning as usual. She is such a beauty!
I love how she calls Caleb Bubba. That's so cute! The girls call their brother buddy.
Kelly looked so enchanted by the magic that only happens at Disney!

Great post. I'm also glad that Caleb took the picture of you and Clint!
Hugs to you sweet friend ♥
Natalie

fourlittlehawks said...

Those pictures were gorgeous, I absolutely loved them! Clint looks really fit, has he been doing some kind of special work out or something?
Okay, so I loved these two posts and had a huge smile on my face the whole time I was reading them and looking at the pictures. Can't wait to see more! I hate to detract from the positive, but baby, we have to talk.

You made a bow to match a Minnie Mouse outfit.

A Minnie Mouse outfit which you purchased in two colors.

And then fashioned a bow to match.
Sweetheart.
I want to tell you that it's going to be okay, and we can get through this. I just want you to think over what I've said, and we'll talk later when you're nice and calm, okay sweetie? Okay - you're okay Jen, you really are.

~natty and barclay said...

I meant to comment or ask about Kelly riding on Caleb's shoulders..... Is she hanging onto his HAIR for dear life? In most of the pictures Boo looks like she has his hair held tightly in her itty-bity fist....

Caleb you may become pre maturely bald.. LOL! Hah ha. Tee Heee! It's okay Caleb to take one for the team!!! What's a big brother for!!!?

Anonymous said...

Hi... just happen to cross your site...

Im planning to go to Tokyo or Hong Kong Disney this Christmas. Hoho and I found some stuffs from Hong Kong Disneyland here as well:
disneycloth.cwahi.net

I will definitely take tones of photos there!!!