Formerly "To China For Kelly"

When I originally set up this blog, it was to chronicle our trip to China to adopt our daughter, Kelly; thus the title, "To China For Kelly." But now that I've decided to keep it up as my on-line scrapbook/journal, the title needs updating.
Inspired by my girls, who, despite their ten year age difference, both love lollipops and lip gloss; it is now titled, "From Lollipops to Lip Gloss." This is not to leave my son out, who also loves lollipops, but isn't too big on lip gloss, understandably!

Saturday, June 6, 2009

Bound for Hong Kong this Time Last Year



Oh, what a wonder it was... 
stepping onto that big jet plane bound for China one year ago today... flying half way across the world, all because God had one very special little girl waiting for one very fortunate mommy and daddy to take her home to America to be our daughter forever and ever, amen.


I am so thankful God in His great mercy saw fit for us to adopt Kelly. This journey has been full of great struggle, but greater blessing.  God knew it all before it ever came to be, and as hard as it's been... as inadequate as I've felt at times... there is a real sense of honor and privilege that God chose us for Kelly and Kelly for us.    


I'm filled with wonder and awe at all God has done, and I'm humbled that we have been able to be a part of it all.  But our story isn't over... it's just begun. I'm just amazed that this story is our story at all.  

 You can click here to go back to June '08 posts if you want to read about our story of our trip to China, or simply click on the June '08 link on the sidebar. Thanks for being a part of it.  Thanks for all your love and prayers.  We are blessed by each and every one of you.   

4 comments:

Blomquist Blog said...

Wow! I am in tears. How beautifully written Jen! You have been blessed! God saw fit that you, Clint and the kids were the right fit for Kelly. You opened your arms, hearts, and home to bring this wonderful little girl home! How amazing and truly awe inspiring what you have done. I sit here in awe of you and Clint and marvel and what great parents you are. God Bless you all!

Love you,

Deb

~natty and barclay said...

Oh, what manner of LOVE is this!These are the sweetest pictures of Boo! The good LORD has truly blessed us all. WOW! HIS amazing Grace! Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus....

I agree with Debbie, joy overflows in my heart seeing what wonderful parents that you are to my grandchildren. You allowed HIM to do this special work in your four lives prior to Kelly coming to her forever home and now HE WHO began a good work, is FAITHFUL to continue it! What blessings HE has bestowed on ALL of us~! HE has directed your paths. Awh, just gives me Jesus bumps all over!

Anonymous said...

Jen, I am in tears and have goosebumps! Very well written...you need to write a book! God fit us both with amazing children and I am thankful every day that he brought us all together. We are so blessed to have you in our lives! We love our little "KelKel"!!!
Love and Hugs,
Kris

Ivy Shaffer said...

What a beautiful post! I just came from Natalie's blog, hope you don't mind that I stopped by.
Your daughter is beautiful and so happy.

Gotcha days are always so memorable and emotional. You are blessed with a beautiful family as Kelly is blessed to have you as her Mommy!

Enjoy this special time:))

Ivy