Formerly "To China For Kelly"

When I originally set up this blog, it was to chronicle our trip to China to adopt our daughter, Kelly; thus the title, "To China For Kelly." But now that I've decided to keep it up as my on-line scrapbook/journal, the title needs updating.
Inspired by my girls, who, despite their ten year age difference, both love lollipops and lip gloss; it is now titled, "From Lollipops to Lip Gloss." This is not to leave my son out, who also loves lollipops, but isn't too big on lip gloss, understandably!

Saturday, July 26, 2008

Kelly Video- finally!!!

(turn your speakers/sound on/up)

Here is a video of Kelly signing "please" and "thank you." I just took this video this morning after she had her bottle. Isn't she so cute? And so smart too!

Keep in mind that babies aren't usually able to sign perfectly, but as long as you see a resemblance to the proper sign, and it is consistent, then that's all you're looking for. Notice she grunts whenever she says "thank you." She does this every time she signs "thank you" for some reason- it's so funny! You might notice the first time she attempts it, she has her bottle in her hand, so I ask her to do it again. The reason I knew she was signing "thank you" even though she had her bottle in her hand was because she grunted when she did it. After a couple more attempts, and some more "pleases"mixed in there, she finally gets it right! Such a smart girl, don't you think?!

5 comments:

fourlittlehawks said...

Oh Kelly you are so smart! Look at you signing already, better than Uncle Joel! LOL - I'm sort of kidding. Hey Caleb and Camryn, how are you today (ask ask).

Love You All (SOOOO MUCH!),
Auntie

~natty and barclay said...

Now, how precious can you get?! So sweet and so smart!

Blomquist Blog said...

Yeah Kelly! You are so smart and so darn cute! Great job! How is Piglet these days? I am missing him YOU!!

Love you,

Deb

Unknown said...

So cute!!! I loved seeing that. She is precious! I loved hearing your voice too. So wonderful to hear from you.

Love you all-merl

Corie Barnhart-Grogan said...

Oh my goodness, you go Kelly!! don't you know that's what we all want to do when we have chocolate! You are so smart, you'll be way ahead of me in signing before you know it! Jen, I'm with Mollie on this one too....it was great to hear your voice along with all the very special pictures of dear sweet Kelly...love you all!!