Formerly "To China For Kelly"

When I originally set up this blog, it was to chronicle our trip to China to adopt our daughter, Kelly; thus the title, "To China For Kelly." But now that I've decided to keep it up as my on-line scrapbook/journal, the title needs updating.
Inspired by my girls, who, despite their ten year age difference, both love lollipops and lip gloss; it is now titled, "From Lollipops to Lip Gloss." This is not to leave my son out, who also loves lollipops, but isn't too big on lip gloss, understandably!

Saturday, July 26, 2008

Kelly's first cupcake!

Here we are, teaching our daughter proper nutrition with... chocolate cupcakes, of course!!!
I had baked them earlier this week, and decided to let Kelly try one... without frosting (I do have some limits). I think the pictures tell the story of whether or not she liked it...





Hmmm... what is this brown, crumbly stuff..? It sure is messy...




Hey! This stuff is pretty tasty! Here, Mom, you want to try a bite?




DE-LISH!




Oh man, this stuff is great! I can't get enough of it...





Mmm, I think I can shove one more bite in...



Oops... I think I got too much now...




You didn't get a picture of that, did you? Oh, I'm so embarrassed!


But man, oh man, are cupcakes ever THE BOMB!

And lastly, here's Chloe doing "clean up duty"... it's a dirty job, but somebody's got to do it!
Usually, Kaya gladly tackles the "Kelly clean up" job, but being the smart canine that she is, she knows chocolate isn't good for doggies, so she lets Chloe do clean up for this particular meal...
(Such a smart bunch around here, I tell ya... and so humble too. ;)

5 comments:

fourlittlehawks said...

Oh my sweet Kelly, you are looking so different with each new batch of pictures! You are making your Auntie sad . . . but very happy at the same time because I know you are blossoming under all of your Mama's loving care! Tell ya what, just between you and me - if you can either get here to me, or figure out how to get me there to you again, I will put icing on a cupcake for you. I'll even take a page out of your Mommy's book, and ice one side vanilla and the other chocolate, and you can decide which is best! By the way, it's the vanilla side - just to give you a head start.
Love You,
Auntie

fourlittlehawks said...

Oh - and don't be embarassed over the picture of you with your mouth stuffed full of cupcake. Kelly, EVERYONE does that with cupcakes if they think no one else is watching them.

Love,
Auntie

fourlittlehawks said...

Just one more thing -

Dear Chloe,
I hope that chocolate cupcake gives you indigestion!

Love,
Jen

~natty and barclay said...

mmuuuummmm! Chocolate! Nanna's favorite! I love your photo comments, Jennifer. They are so 'spot on'! So funny! I agree w/Auntie how much Boo changes in the progression of photos. She looks so much more secure and at ease since the earlier pictures taken back in China. She is at home, now and looks as though she has always been there. She is indeed precious gift from God.

Blomquist Blog said...

Oh Sweet Kelly,
This is just the start of some very yummy chocolate to taste and LOVE. Just you wait and I will introduce you to M and M's when you are a little older. I loved the pictures of you eating the cupcake! You have changed already since we saw you. You continue to look so happy and healthy! We love you and miss you all!

Love,

Deb