Formerly "To China For Kelly"

When I originally set up this blog, it was to chronicle our trip to China to adopt our daughter, Kelly; thus the title, "To China For Kelly." But now that I've decided to keep it up as my on-line scrapbook/journal, the title needs updating.
Inspired by my girls, who, despite their ten year age difference, both love lollipops and lip gloss; it is now titled, "From Lollipops to Lip Gloss." This is not to leave my son out, who also loves lollipops, but isn't too big on lip gloss, understandably!

Saturday, August 2, 2008

Polka Dots!

Boy, has summer ever been flying by?!!
Don't you agree?
We've been so busy that I just have not had time to post much and I apologize. Kelly has been doing very well. I have noticed a change in her this past week... a real secure, contentedness. She has a peace about her that wasn't there before.
She is consistently waking up happy now and is just so much more content throughout the days. She continues to be so fun and has such a playful personality. She fits right in with this bunch, that's for sure!
She's a little sponge- learning new things every day. I often see her doing things that I do, just to mimic me. She is now saying and signing "Da Da"! She says "Ma Ma" too, and she can sign it, but she just usually won't. I got a really cute video of her doing "da da" but I kept having problems uploading it. I'll keep trying...
Here are the kids with our sweet little Olivia. She was here for a week and I am so sorry- I was TERRIBLE about getting pictures! Sometimes you just get out of the habit of picking up the camera, and then add to that the fact that the kids were always so busy that it was hard to slow them down long enough to take a picture of them anyway! This was the only shot I got!
Okay, so without further ado, here are some more pictures of our Kelly girl!
She seemed to be in the mood for polka dots over the past couple of days! She sure is cute in them, isn't she?

Blowing kisses!

When you have a big sister who's a pre-teen, it doesn't matter how little you are, you are never too young for a little lip gloss!

Pucker up Kelly, that's it...

Ahh, sooo pretty!

Perfect little rosebud lips!

Okay, how did she know to tilt her head and give her lips that little pout like this?! Might we have a future model on our hands?




She loves her little Chinese drum...

Here are a bunch showing you just what a busy girl Kelly is. Since she started walking, she quickly went from a walk to a run! She goes all day like this... go, go, go... into everything!

Whatcha doing, Caleb?

How about you, Camryn?



Now I'll find Mom and see what she's doing...

Hey, what's that on my nightstand?

Oh, it's that cute sign Daddy's coworker, Nancy, got for me!

See what it says? I'm "daddy's little princess"!

I know Camryn is daddy's princess too, but she's "daddy's not-so-little-anymore princess"!

While I'm in here, I should say hi to Piglet. High Five, Piglet!

Here I am in my other polka dot dress. What do you think? Is pink my color, or is blue better? I think I like them both!

Kaya says she prefers the pink, but she really loves the yellow duckie on the blue...

What a face!

Happy smiles !

More busy girl!

And more Piglet Love!




Busy girls are sleepy girls when they sit still for a minute!




7 comments:

~natty and barclay said...

Ahhh... Princess Polk-a-dot... and blowing kisses! What wonderful pictures. She is darling in her pink polka dot dress. She is just too cute! I love your naration thru her walk thru the house. Caleb and Camryn are getting so grown up! Cousin Olivia is growing like a weed, too. I know that Camryn has a blast with little Boo and Boo obviously loves to reciprocate! I bet your heart just skips a beat when you hear her tiny voice say, "Ma Ma"! These pictures just reinforce my knowledge of the happiness you all are sharing with each other and that happiness that you pass on to 'us'. I will be downloading these pictures for my *Brag Book*! I am grateful for this blog and I am more grateful to HIM. "He that has began a new work ..."
Love and hugs, Nanna

fourlittlehawks said...

Pink! Auntie says Pink!
I think she looks like an absolute dream in both of her polka dot ensembles! You are so right about how much her little face has changed. What a gift to witness! I LOVE your narratives Jen, who knew you had such a hidden talent for narration? I'm going to send you a series of pictures of me, and I want you to narrate them for me. Because everything is cuter and more interesting the way you tell it!

I love you!
Love,
Auntie

Blomquist Blog said...

SO CUTE!! I think I am little more partial to the pink polka dot dress but she does look ADORABLE in both. I love how bib sister, Camryn, is already teaching her how to wear lip gloss! I also love that Piglet has become such a good friend that he is now in her room! YEAH Kelly! Thanks for the update! We miss you guys so much.

Love you all,

Deb

~natty and barclay said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
~natty and barclay said...

I forgot to thank Debbie for helping Boo become friends with Piglet! I am delighted to see those sweet hugs to Piglet's head! Thanks so much, Debbie, for helping Kelly through that fear.

Connie Son said...

I love the last picture...It is so true they go and go and then where ever they are when they are done they are done!!!!As for the dresses that is a tough one I love the pink, but that blue looks good with her skin tone! Go Camryn with the lip gloss. Emily has been wearing it forever too, and I am not a preteen it's just having a girl.

Corie Barnhart-Grogan said...

Oh my goodness!! So gorgeous in pink & polka dots!! But really I thnk Kelly could wear a potatoe sack and look beautiful...she has blossomed in all the love she is surrounded by. I have to say AMEN & Amen to Nanna's and Auntie's posts. I love the pictures and your narrative. It's not even been 2 months yet and the change in our sweet girl just makes my heart full! As we remember the "wait" and your picture of the Great Wall depicting the seemingly endless days of how it all seemed so daunting. And now look at what we have here...just look at Kelly's beautiful and contented face....I read this poem at the end of a devotional and would like to share it with you. "Afflictions may test me, They cannot destroy; One glimpse of Thy love
Turns them all into joy."
Thank you Jen & Clint for responding to God's call upon you to take this journey to save one of His precious children. We are so blessed because of your obedience. I love you all so much,
Grammie