Formerly "To China For Kelly"

When I originally set up this blog, it was to chronicle our trip to China to adopt our daughter, Kelly; thus the title, "To China For Kelly." But now that I've decided to keep it up as my on-line scrapbook/journal, the title needs updating.
Inspired by my girls, who, despite their ten year age difference, both love lollipops and lip gloss; it is now titled, "From Lollipops to Lip Gloss." This is not to leave my son out, who also loves lollipops, but isn't too big on lip gloss, understandably!

Monday, July 7, 2008

Sunday Best

We took these before heading off to church on Sunday. I just love Kelly in this dress! These pictures don't even truly show how absolutely darling she looks in it, but I thought I'd share some of them with you anyway...



Here's Caleb, giving Kelly a few pointers about posing for pictures... look at how intently she's listening to him.
"Now Kelly, you always want to blink right BEFORE the flash goes off, okay?"



Mommy gives Kelly an apple to hold... hey- looky there! It matches! Well, maybe it will help make for some cute pictures...

"Hmmm..." says Kelly. "I wonder what I'm supposed to do with this thing?"
"So really, Mom. What AM I supposed to do with this?"

"It looks kind-of yummy. I bet I can do something fun with it before I eat it...

I know! I can karate chop it in mid-air, then we can each have a bite!"

"Hih Yah!"

"Nice trick, Mom. Real funny. This isn't a real apple, is it? Well, you can have your dumb, plastic apple back- I don't want it. You can't karate-chop it OR eat it!"


"Hurry up and take the picture, Mom, because this is the best pose I can muster. Honestly, after that little apple trick, I'm not much in the mood for picture-taking anymore."


"Hey, since I couldn't eat that plastic apple, maybe I'll just chew on my dress instead!"

"That's crazy! My dress tasted just like green apples!!!"


Isn't she the cutest?!?!???





3 comments:

Unknown said...

You are toooooo funny!!!!!! How did you get that apple to look like she karate chopped it? I am impressed! She does look soooo cute! Sounds like ya'll are doing great and adjusting well. It is amazing how it seems you have had her all along. :)

Love you, Merl

Cheri and Shane said...

Yes, she is the cutest!!! Love the pictures and LOVE the dress!!!

fourlittlehawks said...

YOU are the cutest, I cracked up at all of your captions! I'm so glad that Kelly is learning to channel all of her energies into a more harmonious outlet, like kung fu. She already looks super centered.

Love You,
Auntie