Formerly "To China For Kelly"

When I originally set up this blog, it was to chronicle our trip to China to adopt our daughter, Kelly; thus the title, "To China For Kelly." But now that I've decided to keep it up as my on-line scrapbook/journal, the title needs updating.
Inspired by my girls, who, despite their ten year age difference, both love lollipops and lip gloss; it is now titled, "From Lollipops to Lip Gloss." This is not to leave my son out, who also loves lollipops, but isn't too big on lip gloss, understandably!

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

3 Months Since Gotcha Day!

Here we are, just three short months after the first day we met our precious little Kelly Elise. She is such an amazing gift from God, and as this 3-month mark is upon us, I have to stop and give thanks. He knew the perfect baby for us was waiting for us across the ocean in a little town in Southern China, and He miraculously orchestrated it all to come together and bring her home to us in His perfect time in history. She came exactly when she was supposed to because she was supposed to be our daughter. I know that as plain as I know my other two children are supposed to be mine- they just are!
I'm just in awe of Kelly and how strong, smart, funny, brave, loving, resilient, trusting, silly, and loveable she is. She truly amazes me each and every day and I adore her to pieces.
Just look at what a difference 90 days makes!

THEN...

NOW...





THEN...





NOW...



THEN...

NOW...

THEN...

NOW...

Thank you, God, for the gift of little Kelly, and thank you for the gift of love for her. Thank you for the gift of being a family. We are blessed beyond all we could ever ask or imagine!

4 comments:

Blomquist Blog said...

Wow! Has it only been a short three months?! With as much as Kelly has changed and as far as she has come, you would think it would have been longer! It is a tribute to you Jen and your entire family for taking God's call and following your hearts to Kelly. She has thrived because she is being adorned with love, and gratitude. Thank you for being a shining example of God's love and showing us that miracles do happen! We look forward to seeing more pics and hearing about more adventures for little Miss Kelly!

Love you guys,

Deb

fourlittlehawks said...

Kelly,
I can't believe it's only been three months since you joined our family! The first time I saw you in your Mommy's arms, I thought you could not possibly get any MORE beautiful - I was ever wrong about that! You are such a precious addition to our family, and our lives are so much richer because of you. Happy Gotcha-Versary sweetheart, we love you!!
Love,
Auntie, Uncle Joel, and your assortment of Colorado Cousins

Clint and Jennifer said...

I forgot to note how funny her color coordination was in those photos with the RED bow, the lavender dress, the GREEN socks, and of course, the PINK sparkly shoes! So oh well, she may not be the BEST DRESSED baby, but she's the SWEETEST baby ever!
Thanks for all the love you guys.
Jen

Connie Son said...

t 3 months sure went fast.....Red is a good color for her. I love that red bow on her and ofcourse her red dress. She has been a blessing to the neighborhood too! Thanks!