Formerly "To China For Kelly"

When I originally set up this blog, it was to chronicle our trip to China to adopt our daughter, Kelly; thus the title, "To China For Kelly." But now that I've decided to keep it up as my on-line scrapbook/journal, the title needs updating.
Inspired by my girls, who, despite their ten year age difference, both love lollipops and lip gloss; it is now titled, "From Lollipops to Lip Gloss." This is not to leave my son out, who also loves lollipops, but isn't too big on lip gloss, understandably!

Monday, October 20, 2008

After the Chocolate Chip Cookie...

During the heat of the summer, I hate to use my oven. It's hard enough to keep my house cool in the summer without completely breaking the bank; I certainly don't need to turn my oven on and make it any harder... so consequently, I rarely bake during the summer months.
Now that we're finally feeling the slightest effects of Fall, I decided to bake chocolate chip cookies.

Here is Kelly after eating her very first, home-baked, chocolate chip cookie.
She had just woken from her afternoon nap so you can tell she was still a little sleepy-eyed. She was also ready to get out of her high chair when Clint took these pictures, so she was growing more and more impatient with each picture he took.
Finally, you can see her in the last one signing to him that she's "all done." (Translation: QUIT TAKING PICTURES OF ME, DADDY, AND GET ME OUT OF THIS HIGH CHAIR!)









You may notice my blog background has been updated. My sister inspired me a few weeks back, so I should give credit where credit is due- thanks Sissy. (Your's is still cuter than mine!)
You can check my sister's blog at http://myfourlittlehawks.blogspot.com/.
She's always got fun stuff to share.
I'm not sure I like this background... I like to keep it simple, but this seems a little distracting... I don't know. I liked this one because it matches the color palate of the interior of my house, but I like the warmer colors too... so who knows, maybe I'll change it again...
anyway, a little change is always nice, right?

6 comments:

fourlittlehawks said...

Mine is not cuter!

Love,
Jen

fourlittlehawks said...

Oh! And I tagged you.
So now you have something else to post on your cutie cutie blog.

my3 kids said...

I like it..love the colors...I really need to change mine one of these days but I had help and do you think I remember how...lol

my3 kids said...

oops love the pix of Kelly eating her cookie...from the looks of the chocolate all around her mouth she must have enjoyed it? Too cute:)

Beth and Terrell said...

Kelly is so cute in these pictures! Her hair is really starting to grow out! Yay! She is such a beauty. I'm craving cookies now!

Beth

fourlittlehawks said...

Yum, Kelly!
I wish I could have seen you eating your first home baked cookie, your Mommy makes the BEST! By far, the sweetest thing in those pictures was YOU!
Love,
Auntie