Formerly "To China For Kelly"

When I originally set up this blog, it was to chronicle our trip to China to adopt our daughter, Kelly; thus the title, "To China For Kelly." But now that I've decided to keep it up as my on-line scrapbook/journal, the title needs updating.
Inspired by my girls, who, despite their ten year age difference, both love lollipops and lip gloss; it is now titled, "From Lollipops to Lip Gloss." This is not to leave my son out, who also loves lollipops, but isn't too big on lip gloss, understandably!

Saturday, October 18, 2008

Kelly's New Buddy!


My mom, (aka Nonnie), got Kelly one of those new "So Alive" lion cubs this week- it is the cutest thing. Okay, not to sound like a commercial, but it is "so alive!"

Kelly has had so much fun toting him around, petting him, dancing with him, passing him off to me, giving him hugs & kisses, and... okay, as toddlers sometimes do, bopping him on the head. (We're working on that!)

If you listen closely, you can hear her talk to me a few times in this video. She's relied mainly on combining the sign language she's learned with grunting to communicate with us for the most part, but in the past couple of weeks, she's finally attempting to talk! We're not quite sure what she's saying, but it sure is adorable to hear.


Thanks so much, Nonnie, for the adorable baby lion cub! I, um, I mean, Kelly loves it!

Here's another little clip of Kelly. She decides she needs to play with her shape sorter for a minute, but then she gets her lion cub to purr. (They're interactive- purring if they like what you do, whining or growling if they don't.) You can hear Kelly tell me something as she hands me her baby lion... I have so much fun just watching and listening to her... hope you do too.

1 comment:

my3 kids said...

Awe what a cute lion cub and I can tell Kelly really likes it. So sweet. It's neat seeing her and hearing her. What a sweetie and thanks for the nice message you left for us...we look forward to getting to know you all:)

Janice