Formerly "To China For Kelly"

When I originally set up this blog, it was to chronicle our trip to China to adopt our daughter, Kelly; thus the title, "To China For Kelly." But now that I've decided to keep it up as my on-line scrapbook/journal, the title needs updating.
Inspired by my girls, who, despite their ten year age difference, both love lollipops and lip gloss; it is now titled, "From Lollipops to Lip Gloss." This is not to leave my son out, who also loves lollipops, but isn't too big on lip gloss, understandably!

Friday, October 17, 2008

Pumpkin Patch Playtime!

Today, Kelly and I took a trip to our local pumpkin patch with some good friends of ours. Kelly ran all around, checking everything out, falling in the dirt, getting back up, running around some more... she had a ball!

I think her favorite part was playing in the corn bin with her buddy, Ford, and taking a little wagon ride in the Autumn sun.

This is one of those traditions you hold near and dear to your heart... something so simple as going to the pumpkin patch.

I remember taking Caleb and Camryn when they were wee-wittle ones... it seems like it was soooo long ago. I remember watching them explore with curiosity and sheer joy just like I watched Kelly experience today.

Being a mommy and enjoying these simple moments with your children... there's nothing better in the whole world.


Go Kelly- go!!

Kelly and Ford play in the corn...
Mommy says this beats a messy old sandbox any day!

"Wow, Mommy... I love this place. Thank you for taking me here."

"Jimmy crack corn and I don't care!"
Time for a snack...


"Mommy, may I explore and dance all around these cool boxes of straw?"

"Oh, what fun these things are..."

"Weeeeee-- watch me move!"


Time for a wagon ride...


Chivalrous Ford decides he must pull the fair maiden in the wagon...

"Mommy, are you sure he has a wagon driver's license?"

Once again, Kelly's off!

With hay on her bum, Kelly's finally ready to head home... but what fun she had at the pumpkin patch today!


2 comments:

Cheri and Shane said...

Those are some great pictures. It really is so much fun being a mommy and watching the excitement on their faces for everything...especially the simple things like a pumpkin patch!!

Thanks for sharing the pictures!

Hugs,
Cheri

Blomquist Blog said...

Hi Jen!

I bet it is just wonderful getting to experience all these wonderful things again with little Ms. Kelly! One of my most favorite things is taking the kids to the pumpkin patch every year and watching them explore and take everything in. I think these examples are such a great time for us, as parents to take a step back and just watch as our children marvel at the simple things in life.

I can only imagine what Christmas will be like at your house this year!! Lucky you, you have two wonderful older kids who will help make it that much more magical for Kelly and you all! Enjoy these special times and "firsts" with Kelly!

Love you all,

Debbie