Formerly "To China For Kelly"

When I originally set up this blog, it was to chronicle our trip to China to adopt our daughter, Kelly; thus the title, "To China For Kelly." But now that I've decided to keep it up as my on-line scrapbook/journal, the title needs updating.
Inspired by my girls, who, despite their ten year age difference, both love lollipops and lip gloss; it is now titled, "From Lollipops to Lip Gloss." This is not to leave my son out, who also loves lollipops, but isn't too big on lip gloss, understandably!

Monday, October 20, 2008

Tag... I'm it!

Okay, so my sister "tagged" me... thanks, little sis! I'll get you back!

Here's how it goes--

(Note to those I've tagged: you can right click the picture above and save it to your hard drive, then insert it into your post.)

7 Random or Weird Facts About Me (with the help of my sister):


1) I have a super-sensitive sense of smell- I hate the smell of diesel fuel exhaust most- it's instant nausea for me. I love the smell of freshly brewed coffee, pine trees, and clean babies- to name a few!

2) If fly-swatting were an Olympic sport, I would win the gold medal.

3) I never finish a book. (Okay, never is a strong word, but it's very rare!Not that I don't love to read, but I can never seem to stick with a book to the end, especially non-fiction. Novels are better once I get into them, but that rarely happens for me for some reason!)

4) I almost always fall asleep when we watch a movie at home- after the popcorn and candy's been eaten, of course!

5) I trim my own hair. I don't do full haircuts, but when my bangs are in my eyes, I just get my scissors out and trim them, or if I see terrible split ends, I cut them off!

6) I can take a 10-minute power nap and get totally rejuvenated- seriously!

7) I am terrible about calling and talking on the phone... I don't mean to be- I always miss my friends and family and long to talk more often, but I just can't seem to get on the horn as often as I'd like to!


People I'm tagging- I hope you all don't mind- (I only have 5):

1) Cheri, but her blog is private...
2) Janice http://momtoo3.blogspot.com/
3)Nancy http://nancymatthews.blogspot.com/
4) Beth http://tochinaforjia.blogspot.com/
5) Bard http://bard.typepad.com/the_ride/

4 comments:

Blomquist Blog said...

Hi!

I do have to agree...Jen is Gold Medal material in fly swatting. I experienced that first hand this summer while visiting. She is relentless and oh so swift with the fly swatter. It is quite the sight to watch! No one would come close to her--gold would be hers forever!~

Love ya,

Deb

Cheri and Shane said...

Hi!! I am working on my list right now, so be sure to check out my blog. Thanks for tagging me...this is fun!! :)

Sissy said...

Thanks for appreciating my gift for the swat, Deb! Flies have no chance with me!
It's nice to be recognized for my matchless abilities!
LOL
Love ya,
Jen

fourlittlehawks said...

Okay, I love your super sonic sense of smell. First of all, it's just part of your overall cuteness. But also because I know that with you around, no one will ever die as a result of a gas leak. And what I love about your war against the flies is how you really get personal about it - you don't just hate them - they OUTRAGE you. And I love how the corner of your eye will start to twitch just before your battle cry of, "WAS THAT A FLY???"
Love You And ALL Of The Sweet, Funny, Zany, Wonderful Things That Make You YOU!
Love,
Jen