Formerly "To China For Kelly"

When I originally set up this blog, it was to chronicle our trip to China to adopt our daughter, Kelly; thus the title, "To China For Kelly." But now that I've decided to keep it up as my on-line scrapbook/journal, the title needs updating.
Inspired by my girls, who, despite their ten year age difference, both love lollipops and lip gloss; it is now titled, "From Lollipops to Lip Gloss." This is not to leave my son out, who also loves lollipops, but isn't too big on lip gloss, understandably!

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

The Christmas Play

I mentioned in my last post that Camryn was in a play at our church this weekend. It was a Musical with a Message called "The Plane Truth About Christmas." (The setting was in an airport, thus the pun...) It was really cute and the kids did great! The cast was made up entirely of children. These girls pictured with Camryn are a few of her best buddies- Shayli and Emily. They all had singing and acting parts and did a really fabulous job. Camryn amazes me how she's so comfortable on stage. She had a blast- they had three performances and she said it was so fun, she wished they had many more.
I wished I had been able to get better pictures so I could share them. The stage lights just washed everyone out too much, and I wasn't in the best spot for taking pictures, so this one I took right before they went on was the best one I had to share.
More of Caleb and Kelly in the foyer before the play began.



Kelly wore her special red sparkly shoes with her dress that Nanna sent her.

As usual, Kelly's a busy girl! I had a lady tell me she'd never seen such a fast-moving baby before! But do you know? Miraculously, I was able to keep her in my lap for the entire performance, which was about 45 minutes long, and she barely made a peep!



A busy girl is a happy girl!






2 comments:

Blomquist Blog said...

Hi Jen,

I am so not surprised that the stage is Camryn's element! She just loves to perform and I have always enjoyed her impromptu performances when we have visited. Remember when she had Britney wearing the brown wig and they did a whole skit together (o.k really Camryn did it all)! What happy times. She is just beautiful. What a CUTE outfit she is wearing! I love it! Wish we were there to see it in person!

Kudos to you Camryn. Keep up the GREAT work and we look forward to seeing you on stage someday!

Love you all,

Debbie

Paul and Angela said...

WE JUST FOUND OUT WE ARE PROBABLY LEAVING NEXT WEEK! I'M IN STRESS MODE, BUT LOVING IT! CAN YOU TEACH ME SKYPE??