Formerly "To China For Kelly"

When I originally set up this blog, it was to chronicle our trip to China to adopt our daughter, Kelly; thus the title, "To China For Kelly." But now that I've decided to keep it up as my on-line scrapbook/journal, the title needs updating.
Inspired by my girls, who, despite their ten year age difference, both love lollipops and lip gloss; it is now titled, "From Lollipops to Lip Gloss." This is not to leave my son out, who also loves lollipops, but isn't too big on lip gloss, understandably!

Saturday, December 27, 2008

Kelly's Christmas Dress

Here I am, trying to get a picture of Kelly in her Christmas dress. This was my third attempt in the past two weeks. I just was not having much luck, so these are the best I have.
"Kelly! Kelly! Look over here at mommy, Kelly!"

Now I know it looks like Kelly has eye shadow on. Well, she sort-of does... you see, she fell last week and hit her eye on the corner of a table, poor thing- so her left eye has been bruised... I decided I'd try to match it with eye shadow on the other eye- just for the picture! It didn't quite work, but the bruise didn't look as bad in the pictures as I thought it would.
Now that's a nice big smile!


Okay Mom, I'm tiring of this now...

That's it... give me a toy and I'm happy...

A hug for Kaya... and you can see the pretty bow on the back of her dress... even though it's kind of crumpled now that I really look at it...


Mommy! Don't make me sit in front of the Christmas tree, PLEASE!!!



Oh, you know how I hate this!

I had to share those cute cry pictures...
For some reason, Kelly does not like it if I sit her in front of the Christmas tree and ask her to be still so I can take her picture. These were the only ones I got, but she's still so cute, even when she cries, isn't she?
I'm working on more pictures so I'll post those soon. We didn't get many of Christmas morning- BAD, I know! We were so busy enjoying ourselves that we forgot to keep taking pictures. But I do have several cute ones to share from the past couple of days, so those are coming soon... to a blog near you.



4 comments:

fourlittlehawks said...

Oh Kelly love, Auntie is coming!
And I will never, ever make you sit in front of ANY sort of tree!
By the way sweet baby, that is QUITE the death look you are giving your Mommy in one of those pictures. One might even think you had a couple of adolescent people in the house who you learned that one from - of course, that can't be it because I know they never make that face. I mean it's just so VERY 16.
Love You,
Auntie

~natty and barclay said...

Very Haute Couture dress Miss Kelly has for her first Christmas home! Very stylish! I must also add that Boo has the most beautifully shaped lips! She is precious even when she is not too happy with Mommy's picture taking! Don't fret, Boo, you are quite photogenic! What sweetness shown to Kaya, too. A living doll she is! Hugs and Smooches to all, Nanna

my3 kids said...

Awe what a sad face. Is Kelly a drama queen like our Emma?? hee hee love her dress. Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas. All the best in the new year!

Cheri and Shane said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!!

I love the one with the caption "Okay, mom I'm tired of this now"...too funny!! :)