Formerly "To China For Kelly"

When I originally set up this blog, it was to chronicle our trip to China to adopt our daughter, Kelly; thus the title, "To China For Kelly." But now that I've decided to keep it up as my on-line scrapbook/journal, the title needs updating.
Inspired by my girls, who, despite their ten year age difference, both love lollipops and lip gloss; it is now titled, "From Lollipops to Lip Gloss." This is not to leave my son out, who also loves lollipops, but isn't too big on lip gloss, understandably!

Saturday, December 27, 2008

Snow!

We took a trip up to the mountains to play in the snow yesterday. Here's Caleb, sporting an icicle for a nose..?

He then broke off the pointy end and gave it to Kelly. Of course, she had to taste it. Yum- there's nothing like an icicle popsicle!

Camryn loves the snow!


Clint watches the big kids play.

A little visitor came to see us. He must be used to being around people... he seemed curious about us and got as close as about 25 feet from us. Isn't he beautiful?
He looked back at us to say goodbye before he ran off!

Notice Kelly has no gloves or mittens on..? We tried and tried to get her to put them on, but something about them freaked her out and she would NOT wear them without screaming and crying inconsolably. I wonder if she wasn't restrained with some sort of gloves when she was in the hospital in China, because she seemed genuinely terrified of them.
I took mine off and on to show her how we put them on and how it doesn't hurt but keeps our hands warm, but she still wouldn't have any part of them.
Here's poor Kelly, crying because her hands are so cold! I felt so bad for her, but every attempt I made to help her put the gloves on to warm her hands only ended in much worse crying than this.



Caleb loves to go off and explore.

Bjorn says, "Let the snowball fight begin!"

Clint takes aim...



Camryn prepares to shield herself...


But even using a saucer for a shield couldn't protect her!


Kelly and I stay out of the line of fire-



Caleb manages to steer clear of the barrage of flying snowballs and get some sledding in!



Kelly got to have some fun sledding with her daddy too, so even though her hands were freezing, all was not lost.


I also took some short videos, so I'll add those too... and no worries, Kelly warmed right up with the help of our Thermos of hot chocolate! Actually, we all did!
Love,
jen



6 comments:

my3 kids said...

so fun to go play in the snow...feel free to come to Canada anytime as we have a TON of snow here to play in...I am already sick of all the snow..lol. I want it to warm up and to be able to see the grass again. Cute pix and sorry Kelly's hands got so cold...makes you wonder doesn't it.

Blomquist Blog said...

Great pics Jen! There is no better place than in the snow! Kids of all ages just love it (even us bigger kids)! It looks like it is an experience you will have to continue! Wish we were there to go sledding with you all.

Love ya,

Deb

fourlittlehawks said...

Oh you snow beauties!!
Jen, those pictures of you are gorgeous, you are one seriously hot Mama ;)
Poor sweet Kelly with her cold little hands, I wonder what about those mittens freaked her out so badly? She was too cute eating that icicle. It looks like you guys had so much fun!! I just LOVE LOVE LOVE the four of you to pieces and wish we could have been there too!
Love,
Auntie

Cheri and Shane said...

Looks like you guys had a GREAT time!! :)

Thanks for sharing all the wonderful pictures!

~natty and barclay said...

Ditto to Auntie's comments EXCEPT... I think she loves the FIVE of you to pieces, as I do! Jennifer, you look MARVELOUS, darling! "Uncle" Bjorn makes a great addition to the "boys"! Poor Be Be Boo and her cold bitty hands! The picture of the fox is amazing! It could be the picture on a Christmas card: "All beasts great and small, the Lord God made them all!" What a fun outing!

fourlittlehawks said...

Actually Nancy, I should have said the SEVEN of them, since I love Clint, Bjorn, and the fox to pieces also. After reading my other comment, I realized I left out what I was thinking about Caleb and Camryn in those pictures - I would have sworn I actually said it, lol! Caleb - you don't even look cold - how is that possible? And Cam, you look like an absolute angel in that bright wintry light with all that snow around you!
Love You,
Auntie
PS. This didn't post the first time so I had to type it all out again - in case it posts twice.