Formerly "To China For Kelly"

When I originally set up this blog, it was to chronicle our trip to China to adopt our daughter, Kelly; thus the title, "To China For Kelly." But now that I've decided to keep it up as my on-line scrapbook/journal, the title needs updating.
Inspired by my girls, who, despite their ten year age difference, both love lollipops and lip gloss; it is now titled, "From Lollipops to Lip Gloss." This is not to leave my son out, who also loves lollipops, but isn't too big on lip gloss, understandably!

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Sledding Videos

Bjorn was getting some sweet jumps on this run (spoken in my best Napoleon Dynomite voice possible)... but the landings left something to be desired, as can be detected by his facial expression at the end of this video. I couldn't help but laugh-- terrible me! (Now that I watched the video here, you can't really see his expression, darn it! But believe me, it was painfully hilarious.)

This is our version of a "Sit-N-Spin" in the snow. (Does anyone even know what a Sit-N-Spin is, or am I dating myself? Do they even make those anymore?) Well, regardless, Kelly loved it! But then again, Kelly loves anything that involves spinning, come to think of it... =)

We found the following to be our favorite activity of the day- the road where the cars had driven made for a nice slick surface to slide down- and walking up and down this hill on packed snow was much easier than trudging through the thick, fluffy snow. (My thighs are still sore! Oh yeah!)

Sorry for the blurry spots. Moving targets are difficult to focus on!


3 comments:

Blomquist Blog said...

AWESOME videos! Looks like you had a blast! My parents brought out our old "runner sleds" and they were so perfect for our snow/ice packed road. The kids would start at the top of the cul-de-sac and just fly down. Good thing they could steer them. What fun! Nothing better than good ole' sledding! Thanks for sharing!

Love ya,

Deb

fourlittlehawks said...

Dear Kelly,

Auntie doesn't like it when you spin in the snow, it makes me feel a little dizzy and sick. Also, Auntie does NOT like it when you slide down hills in the snow and ice. But I'm sure you didn't know about your poor Auntie's deep rooted fears of flying babies and vertigo. Now that you know, I am sure you will never do those things again. Good girl, now let's go sit nice and still and have a cookie, okay?

Love,
Auntie

fourlittlehawks said...

Jen - I couldn't see Bjorn's expression, but I COULD hear the agonized "Ooooof"-ing sounds of the wind being knocked out of him about ten times in a row.
Shame on you for laughing at an old man!

Love,
Jen