Formerly "To China For Kelly"

When I originally set up this blog, it was to chronicle our trip to China to adopt our daughter, Kelly; thus the title, "To China For Kelly." But now that I've decided to keep it up as my on-line scrapbook/journal, the title needs updating.
Inspired by my girls, who, despite their ten year age difference, both love lollipops and lip gloss; it is now titled, "From Lollipops to Lip Gloss." This is not to leave my son out, who also loves lollipops, but isn't too big on lip gloss, understandably!

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Smart Kelly

I'm just catching up on the blog today...
Wish I could post more text, but I'm baby-wrangling while I'm doing this, so what you don't see is that I'm constantly being interrupted by a certain, busy, little baby girl. But that's okay, I don't mind... it's quite fun, actually. It just doesn't allow for much thoughtful writing to take place.

Okay, I don't know where I ever got the idea that glasses make you look smart, but they kind-of do, don't they? Thus the title of this post.

Kelly snuck into Camryn's room and swiped her glasses to try them out for a while last week. Don't worry, she's not getting a headache while she's at it... they're not prescription, just fashion glasses.

In Camryn's room, looking at the computer with the glasses on.
Hmm, doesn't look any different to me... I wonder why Camryn wears these things?
Hmmm, why do I suddenly feel I could solve the quadratic equation now that I have these glasses on?
(That's Bjorn's dog, Vella in the background. Anyone who knows Border Collies knows that Vella is chasing the flash from the camera on the wall!)


Oh fiddle dee-dee! Solving mathematic equations is for the birds! I'm going to play!


Weeeee! I love that Mommy & Daddy moved my slide inside for me to play on!



What Mommy? I know I look adorably brilliant with these glasses on, but come on... can't a girl play in peace?






4 comments:

my3 kids said...

ha ha ha how sweet is Kelly in her sissy's fashion glasses! You do look really smart Kelly:)

fourlittlehawks said...

I never thought I would see a picture in which a mere cute little baby looked smarter than a Border Collie, but Kelly you've done it! Vella - chasing red dots? Seriously? Are we sure she's purebred?

Love,
Auntie

Carrie said...

Yes she looks very smart!

~natty and barclay said...

The other two Kneip kiddoes were fascinated with glasses,too. Check your e-mail! Love, Nanna