Formerly "To China For Kelly"

When I originally set up this blog, it was to chronicle our trip to China to adopt our daughter, Kelly; thus the title, "To China For Kelly." But now that I've decided to keep it up as my on-line scrapbook/journal, the title needs updating.
Inspired by my girls, who, despite their ten year age difference, both love lollipops and lip gloss; it is now titled, "From Lollipops to Lip Gloss." This is not to leave my son out, who also loves lollipops, but isn't too big on lip gloss, understandably!

Friday, January 30, 2009

One of the best gifts...

...I've ever received is the one my mom just gave me...
a housekeeper!

Since she learned of the changes we've been making with Kelly, she wanted to do something to help. She lives too far from us to come over and cook or clean for me, so she decided to do the next best thing- hire someone to come in and clean for me!

I never knew how wonderful it would feel to have someone do that for me. I really think it's the best gift I've ever received. I feel so loved and bolstered, I can't even tell you. I feel like I can take on the world now!
Truly, it has lightened my load so much physically, but I think even more so emotionally and mentally, as I don't have the burden of what I'm not getting done hanging over my head anymore, nor do I have to fight the feeling of irritation looking around at a dirty house. Now I just look around and sigh and smile. Plus, the light housekeeping I'll do in between the housekeeper's visits is now a pleasure to do because it's not so overwhelming. And last but not least, all this is so wonderful because it allows me to focus on the most important things: Kelly and my precious family.

Mom, you are gold, pure gold. I can't thank you enough for this most wonderful gift you have given me. My cup overflows!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am deeply honored to be your mom and overwhelmed with delight and pride at the awesome mom YOU are! Your unflinching faith and loving determination inspire me every day! My love for you and your entire family cannot be expressed in words...and so I have to get into action! More to follow, one way or another...

Natalie said...

WOW!! What a special gift... your mother AND what she did for you!
You are so lucky to have such a very special person in your life. I am touched and feel so happy for you!

Natalie

fourlittlehawks said...

Yippee!! You are so cute doing the happy dance in your sparkly house! It is so wonderful to have such tangible support, Llisa you are AMAZING!

Love,
Jen