Formerly "To China For Kelly"

When I originally set up this blog, it was to chronicle our trip to China to adopt our daughter, Kelly; thus the title, "To China For Kelly." But now that I've decided to keep it up as my on-line scrapbook/journal, the title needs updating.
Inspired by my girls, who, despite their ten year age difference, both love lollipops and lip gloss; it is now titled, "From Lollipops to Lip Gloss." This is not to leave my son out, who also loves lollipops, but isn't too big on lip gloss, understandably!

Sunday, March 15, 2009

Random Pictures

Whew! What a weekend we've had! That's another post entirely, but I wanted to share some random pictures from the past week.



Caleb giving Kelly horsey rides!




She loves it!


We had some beautiful weather this week. The ice cream man came down our street one warm afternoon, so here are Caleb and Kelly enjoying an ice cream with the neighborhood kids.
It was Kelly's first ice cream from the ice cream man. I wonder if she's going to know to get excited now (like all the other kids) the next time she hears that musical truck strolling down the street?
Now that Kelly's hair is finally long enough to do some fun things with, I ordered some bows for her from Katelyn & Co.
My friend Natalie always has her girls looking so cute with bows in their hair, so naturally, I HAD to have some too!
Here are some pictures of Kelly with her new bows in her hair.

Out lunching at Red Robin- looking as cute as button!
Did I mention Kelly LOVES french fries?


















Since the candy store was right by Red Robin,
I had to get lollipops for my lollipop girls!



















Some more with Kelly and her new hair bows... you probably can't see them, but they're cute little yellow ones with white polka dots. (That's Clint in the background- he was stretching after a run... and that's Chloe, our cat, napping after a nap... lol)



Lastly, here's Kelly being silly with her bucket on her head! She thought of this all on her own and she cracked herself (and me) up, so I had to get a picture. (Can you tell, Kaya doesn't get what's so funny?)




3 comments:

Blomquist Blog said...

Oh so cute Jen! Love seeing all the pics of the last week. Living in Quincy, we no longer have an ice cream truck. Although we used to tell the kids that if the music was playing on the ice cream truck it meant that the ice cream was all out. I know...so mean....but saved us some dough! :) It looks like Kelly fit right in with her first ice cream....YUMMY! Enjoy these beautiful spring days ahead!

Love ya,

Deb

Natalie said...

Hey, how did I miss such a cute post!!!! Kelly looks absolutely adorable!
So does your sweet kitty!

Hugs,
Natalie

Natalie said...

One more thing.... I stole the picture of Kelly with her lollipop.
She is sooooo cute!