Formerly "To China For Kelly"

When I originally set up this blog, it was to chronicle our trip to China to adopt our daughter, Kelly; thus the title, "To China For Kelly." But now that I've decided to keep it up as my on-line scrapbook/journal, the title needs updating.
Inspired by my girls, who, despite their ten year age difference, both love lollipops and lip gloss; it is now titled, "From Lollipops to Lip Gloss." This is not to leave my son out, who also loves lollipops, but isn't too big on lip gloss, understandably!

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Our Nature Walk with the Keathley's




One of my favorite things to do when we have friends over is to go for a walk together. It's always so nice to walk and talk and enjoy the simple pleasure of getting some fresh air while taking a relaxing stroll together.
It was doubly nice this time as we not only got to walk and talk together, but we also got to enjoy the beauty of the spring flowers that are in bloom right now.

My friend, Bonnie, absolutely loves flowers, and being from Texas, she has an even greater appreciation for the beauty of all the flowers we are able to grow here in California. She was in love with so many of them, as I am too, so we had fun taking pictures of flowers together. We had to laugh at ourselves because we didn't know the names of some of the flowers... which is especially bad for me, since I live here and see them all the time!

Bonnie taking a picture of me- taking a picture of her.


Camryn and Kaya- can you tell Kaya is ready to go?

This is called Sweet Broom, I believe. It's the big yellow one behind Camryn and Kaya in the previous picture.
Amazing yellow color!
Left to Right: Kaya, Colter, Caleb, Camryn, Bonnie, & Mark. How I love them!


Bridal Veil
Mark & Clint walk and talk with Kelly enjoying herself in the stroller.



Colter ran way up ahead with Kaya,
which made Kaya very happy, naturally!
Here are Bonnie, Camryn, & Caleb slowly catching up.
In awe of the incredible shade of blue of this "something or other..."

Mark's not crazy about it's scent, but he's awed by it's color.


Bonnie taking the beauty of it in...


Our sweet friends:
Colter (being silly!), Mark, & Bonnie.
Their oldest son, Landon, is off at college, so he wasn't with us this time. We all missed him. I've known them since Landon was a baby, so this picture seems incomplete without him.
We had to make our little model, Camryn, pose in front of the beautiful blue "whatever it's called..." We later asked someone at a nursery what it is... she said it's a type of a Lilac. I can't pronounce the rest of it- I only got the Lilac part down! Isn't Camryn beautiful?
Pretty Red Petunias

Red Bud Trees in Bloom

Close up of the Red Bud

They say friends are the flowers in the garden of life.
If that's so, then I'm so very blessed with the

most beautiful flowers growing in mine.


3 comments:

fourlittlehawks said...

How gorgeous! Jen, are you sure you want to come to brown old dead Colorado? You are going to feel like you traveled back in time to winter!

~natty and barclay said...

Beautiful people who are your wonderful friends. Gorgeous Flowers and THE stikingly beautiful Camryn (soon to be TWELVE years old!) HAPPY Birthday Peanut! My love to all and the Keathleys, also. Isn't it wonderful to get together with old friends! Nanna

Bethany said...

I'm really quite surprised that Mark didn't bust out with his easel and paint brushes mid-sidewalk. Ha! :)